Wednesday, January 4, 2023

New Year, New Books.


It's a new year and that means reading challenges. I normally do #PopCultureResolutions but I have decided to switch it up this year.

2022 was not a great year for me in a lot of ways so I have decided to make embracing joy my them for 2023. This means actively choosing what makes me happy and putting my energy towards things that will help me be happier.

I also wanted something that was a little bit more low key for me to work towards. 

I kept all this in mind and decided to read 12 books (one a month) that are Hollywood set or Hollywood adjacent in some way. It includes fiction and non-fiction and I have selected a range of newer and older titles.

My picks for this challenge are:

Jan - Six Ways To Write A Love Letter by Jackson Pearce (goodreads)

Feb - Furious Love by Sam Kashner and Nancy Schoenberger (goodreads)

Mar - Strangers In The Night by Heather Webb (goodreads)

Apr - Anthony Perkins: Split Image by Charles Winecoff (goodreads)

May - The Daydreams by Laura Hankin (goodreads)

Jun - Once More With Feeling by Elissa Sussman (goodreads)

Jul - Will They or Won't They by Ava Wilder (goodreads)

Aug - The Lady From The Black Lagoon by Mallory O'Meara (goodreads)

Sep - Tab Hunter Confidential by Tab Hunter and Eddie Muller (goodreads)

Oct - Coreyography by Corey Feldman (goodreads)

Nov - A Touch of Stardust by Kate Alcott (goodreads)

Dec - Movie Star by Lizzie Pepper by Hilary Liftin (goodreads)

This challenge, plus my Goodreads goal of 60 books, are the only ones I am setting for myself this year. I am excited to get started with the first of my Hollywood set reads. I got the Jackson Pearce one as a gift and I cannot wait to get started.

Are you setting any goals or challenges for yourself this year? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...