Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate



Fallen in Love by Lauren Kate
Release Date –  January 24, 2012
Publisher Website –  Delacorte Press Books for Young Readers/RandomHouse
Publisher Social Media - Twitter
Pages -  201 pages
My Rating- 7/10
**obtained from the publisher for an honest review**

Here is the Goodreads synopsis
What makes your heart race a little faster? Just in time for Valentine's Day, it's FALLEN IN LOVE, four wholly original new stories collected in a new novel set in the Middle Ages by Lauren Kate. FALLEN IN LOVE gives fans the much-talked about but never-revealed stories of FALLEN characters as they intertwine with the epic love story of Luce and Daniel. The stories include: Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles , Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland; Burning Love: The Valentine of Arriane; and Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucinda.
I have read all the other novels in the Fallen series and was quite excited about getting to read more about Roland and Arriane as I like both of them and feel they are not developed enough.

I went into this novel expecting some quick, cute short stories. The good thing with this novel is that it is pretty much what you expect. The stories were more interconnected than I was expecting as well which was nice to see.

The “novel” is really short, clocking in at only 201 pages, so it’s a fast read.

This the kind of book I wish I could rate each story on it’s own. I felt some were stronger than the others. I will, however, break down the review by story.

Love Where You Least Expect It: The Valentine of Shelby and Miles

This story was cute. It follows Shelby and Miles while they try to help Luce and Daniel on Valentine’s Day. It’s the one story I would consider an actual love story as it’s happier, fluff and pretty sweet.

Love Lessons: The Valentine of Roland; Burning Love

I would call this a heartbreak story rather than a love one. Roland spends his tale remembering a lost love. He decides to go see her years later and realizes that sometimes the best thing you can do for the one you love is let them be happy without you.

Burning Love: The Valentine of Arriane

The most heartbreaking of all the stories. Arriane’s love is one she can never be with due to circumstances. The ghastly end to the story results in Arriane literally burning for her love.

Endless Love: The Valentine of Daniel and Lucinda.

This  felt like the weakest story out of the 4 stories. It didn’t really feel like much happened in this one, other than Luce and Daniel spending a Valentine’s Day together.

This novel really doesn’t advance the plot of the series much. It does give some nice backstory to characters like Roland and Arriane. It will be cute to see Shelby and Miles continue their tentative relationship in Rapture (I hope it happens anyways), but otherwise this mostly felt like a cute fluffy read that will be a good fit for Valentine’s Day.

2 comments:

  1. I'm reading Passion now, so that I can read this before Vday. :) Eck, I was hoping for all good stories, but that doesn't sound like the case. Ah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am most excited for Arriane's and Roland's stories! Go figure, the two heartbreaking ones LOL. But they're two characters from the series that have intrigued me the most ( LOOOVE Arianne!). So I will definitely be reading for those two alone, but Daniel and Luc sounds like it will help give me the warm and fuzzies are my heart is broken :) Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...