Saturday, February 18, 2012

In My Mailbox....



This is a weekly meme hosted by the awesome Kristi at The Story Siren. It gives us a chance to showcase the books we got during the week.

I have a lot of books to show you this week. I had to split it up into 2 pictures for it to work. It's a little heavier due to the amazing blogger meet up I went to this week.




First I will mention the books I got from the library this week -

Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi (goodreads)
The Alchemy of Forever by (goodreads)

So excited to read both of these!

As mentioned I went to a fantastic blogger meet up with some fantastic Ottawa bloggers. We were fortunate enough to have the publishers provide us with some review copies for the meeting.

I want to thank Meaghan from Feeling A Little Bookish, Emilie from Emilie’s Book World, Katherine from The Lady Critic’s Library and Katie from Bookishly Yours for the wonderful afternoon. We have to do it again soon ladies!

I received from Hachette Group Canada for review -

Belles by Jen Calonita (goodreads)
The Boy Recession by Flynn Meaney (goodreads)
All For You by Sheila O' Flanagan (goodreads)
A Private Affair by Lesley Lokko (goodreads)

I received from Harper Collins Canada

Until I Die from Amy Plum (goodreads)
Arcadia by Lauren Groff (goodreads)

I can't thank the publishers enough for being so amazing and helpful. Really, they are the best.

We also decided to swap books while there and I obtained

Fever by Lauren DeStefano (goodreads)
Bloodrose by Andrea Cremer (goodreads)
Dead To You by Lisa McMann (goodreads)
Jessica Rules the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey (goodreads)

I had gotten Bloodrose out of the library as my hold came in, but I just haven't talked myself into reading it yet, because I know it's going to break my heart. I am going to start it tonight....wish me luck.

As you can see I also have my third Vampire Diaries EW cover. So happy I have the set, and I love the Stefan and Elena one the best!

Happy reading everyone!

13 comments:

  1. KATHY. YOUR MAILBOX. HAVE YOU SEEN IT? If so, we'd better send in paramedics because I think you might have fainted :D Fever! Until I Die! HOLY HOTNESS STELENA! I LOVE Under the Never Sky, I'm so excited for you to read it. Fingers crossed you enjoy :) Also excited to see if you like The Alchemy of Forveer - hope to dive into that soon.

    And yeah, get those tissues ready for Bloodrose :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefan/Elena! *drools* Also, super jealous you got Until I Die!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's the same cover that got sent to me too! LOL! Did you see the inside photo with both the guys and their fangs showing? Looks a little bizarre.. haha.. I wish they'd have all 3 covers as fold-outs (like they did with the Ryan Reynolds or Jason Bateman ones)

    AND soooo many lovely books!! :) I'm hoping to read Die For Me so I can read Until I Die!

    Michele | IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many great books. I wouldn't know where to start if I were you. Happy reading!

    My IMM
    Safari Poet

    New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Love your books! I would love to read The Alchemy of Forever.

    Nerd Girls at Books to the Sky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arcadia had the most amazing character. I loved Bit very well written, didn't love the end but I hope you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy that fever is out this coming week. I still have to start the Jessica books. Fantastic list. Enjoy!
    -FABR Steph@FiveAlarmBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belles is definitely on my TBR - it looks so good! I also can't wait to see what you think about Jessica 2.

    Happy reading lady!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have heard great things about Until I Die!! Also added Dead To You to my shelf this week!

    Here is my IMM

    Happy Reading,
    Lindsay @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to go to a blogger meet up, that would be soooo much fun! And you got so many awesome books this week, I hope you enjoy them all :) I especially can't WAIT to get Fever, and Under the Never Sky. Jessica Rules was really cute, just like the last one!

    If you'd like you can check out the awesome books I got in my mailbox this week, just click the link below! ;)

    Lea @ LC's Adventures in Libraryland

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yay, you got Until I Die! We should read it at the same time so we can chat. :) Awesome mailbox!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...