Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Favourite Romantic movies

This Valentine's Day may mean curling up with your significant other to watch a romantic movie. Here are my top picks for movies that make me swoon!

1. Pride and Prejudice


Mr Darcy and Elizabeth Bennett always come to mind when you think of literary couples. This remake staring Keira Knightly and Matthew Macfadyen is one of my all time favourites. I get goosebumps when Mr Darcy proclaims "'You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you".



2. Romeo and Juliet


I quite love this remake. How insanely good looking is Leonardo DiCapriro in this movie?! Totally swoon worthy. He looks exactly like what I think a hot angel would look like. My favourite scene? The squeal inducing scene where Juliet (Claire Danes) and Romeo (Leonardo) first meet. Look at the way they look at each other? And the little nose thing? TOO CUTE!



3. The Notebook


Ali and Noah (Rachel McAdams and Ryan Gosling) were so easy to fall in love with. It didn't hurt that the two actors ended up falling for each other off screen as well and were one of the cutest couples EVER. This movie is romantic, and shows the power of love. My favourite scene is, of course, the one where he tells her "it still isn't over". Prepare to SWOON! Rain makes everything hotter, no?



4 Before Sunrise


Before Sunrise (and it's sequel Before Sunset) is one of those movies that you WISH would happen to you. Simple premise - a guy and a girl meet on a train and decide to take a chance, get off the train and explore a city together while waiting for the next one. It's romantic, cute, and realistic. Jesse and Celine are sweet. Celine happens to be one of my favourite female characters in a movie...ever. My favourite scene - where Jesse convinces her to take the chance and explore Vienna with him. He's so cute, how could you say no?!



5. The Crow


Ok, so probably not the first movie that comes to mind when you think romantic movies. However, the relationship between Eric and Shelly is certainly romantic. You can tell how much he loves her. It's heartbreaking and sweet at the same time. My favourite scene? A newly returned from the dead Eric remembers Shelly and the love they shared, prompting him to avenge what happened to them. I love when she says "I love you" and he replies "Say that again" with a little smile.



*Bonus Choice*

The Cure


My last choice isn't what you'd call a love story, but I wanted to showcase that love can mean many things. This love is the love of friendship. A friendship between two young boys that develops and betters each. This is one of my favourite movies, and (fair warning) you will need tissues if you intend to watch it!

6 comments:

  1. OMG The Crow . . . The Notebook . . . Pride & Prejudice . . . yes . . . my favourite movies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with you on The Crow, that movie is amazing. I love the Notebook too, you cannot go wrong with watching Ryan Gosling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. were going to star wars episode one in 3d on valentines day lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the list Kat! I HAVE to admit that young Colin Firth in the original BBC version of Pride & Predjudice was SMOKIN' HOT! :D

    Love that you included the special friendship from The Cure. <3

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. KATHY! Are you trying to kill me here? Death by swooange?

    I was very late coming into Pride and Prejudice (shamefully I only watched it last year... the remake, that is) and oh, I ADORED that scene!

    "You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I love you" *sighs*

    YES. I LOVE Leonardio in his R&J/Titanic days... so dreamy <3 Love the scene.

    And The Notebook!! Oh that movie makes me cry every time, so, so beautiful. I want to go rewatch all of these now haha. And you have me so wanting to check out Before Sunrise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Pride and Prejudice is my favourite movie!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...