Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Overdrive Week - Meet Jules


Today offers a new thing I am trying out on the blog. I am having a sort of impromptu Overdrive week and figured this would be a great way to debut a possible new feature. Each day from now until Friday I'll be introducing you to some of the characters you'll meet in Overdrive by sharing little bios about each of them. I'll all lead up to my review on Friday and a fun giveaway.

First up, here is the Goodreads synopsis for the book (in case you haven't heard about it yet)

Jules Parish has screwed up.

After three years of boosting cars, she got caught. She's too good to get caught, but she let her (ex)-boyfriend talk her into a questionable job. And now, she and her little sister, Emma, will be kicked out of their foster home, left to survive on the unforgiving streets of Las Vegas alone.

Unless.

Eccentric, wealthy Roger Montgomery wants to open up his mansion to Jules and Emma. The only catch? Jules must steal seven of the rarest, most valuable muscle cars in the world—in seven weeks. Even worse, she’s forced to put her trust in three complete strangers to help her do it.

First there’s Chelsea, the gorgeous redhead with a sharp tongue and love for picking locks. Then there’s Mat, who hasn’t met a system he couldn’t hack. And finally there’s the impossibly sexy car thief Nick, whose bad attitude and mysterious past drive Jules crazy.

With nothing in common and everything to lose, can Jules and her amateur crew pull off what could be the biggest car heist in history? Or will things spin out of control faster than a Nevada dust devil? 
Seeing as how today is release day for Overdive, I figured we'd start with the main character of the story. She's complex, loyal, makes mistakes, and happens to be really good at hot-wiring cars.

Meet Jules ......

Name:  Julia “Jules” Parish (aka: Ghost)
Age: 17
Favourite Movie: Drive (Um, Ryan Gosling!)
Favourite Car: 1967 Shelby GT 500 (aka: Eleanor)
Top 3 Favourite Songs: Nightcall by Kavinsky, Alive by SIA, Painted on my Heart by The Cult
Favourite Quote: “Forget what hurt you, but never forget what it taught you.” ~ Anon

Pretty sure that most of us can agree that Jules choice in movies is, obviously, A+ (because Ryan Gosling).

source

Here are Julia's favourite songs via Spotify. It'll totally put you in the mood for fast car chases.


I am including this video for her third favourite song as I couldn't find the song on Spotify and it has the added bonus of featuring scenes from a move that heavily influenced Overdrive.


Hopefully this tease has made you excited to meet Jules! You can do so TODAY by picking Overdrive up from your local bookstore or any of the following retailers


Tomorrow, you'll get to meet the boy who makes Jules heart race (even if she wishes he wouldn't).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...