Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Overdrive Week - Meet Nick


Continuing my Overdrive week, I have a new character for you to 'meet'. The tattooed, broody guy who gets under Jules skin and revs up her engine (so to speak). He makes quite the splashy entrance and I predict much swooning happening over him.

If you missed meeting Jules, do stop by yesterday's post to meet her!

Just in case anyone missed it,  here is the Goodreads synopsis for the book

Jules Parish has screwed up.

After three years of boosting cars, she got caught. She's too good to get caught, but she let her (ex)-boyfriend talk her into a questionable job. And now, she and her little sister, Emma, will be kicked out of their foster home, left to survive on the unforgiving streets of Las Vegas alone.

Unless.

Eccentric, wealthy Roger Montgomery wants to open up his mansion to Jules and Emma. The only catch? Jules must steal seven of the rarest, most valuable muscle cars in the world—in seven weeks. Even worse, she’s forced to put her trust in three complete strangers to help her do it.

First there’s Chelsea, the gorgeous redhead with a sharp tongue and love for picking locks. Then there’s Mat, who hasn’t met a system he couldn’t hack. And finally there’s the impossibly sexy car thief Nick, whose bad attitude and mysterious past drive Jules crazy.

With nothing in common and everything to lose, can Jules and her amateur crew pull off what could be the biggest car heist in history? Or will things spin out of control faster than a Nevada dust devil? 
Meet Nick, a guy I predict many of you will want to see more of......

Name: Nick Barker
Age: 17
Favourite Movie: Lost Boys (but Breakfast Club is a close second…)
Favourite Car: 1969 Mustang Boss (but pretty much any Mustang will fire him up)
Top 3 Favourite Songs: Light My Fire by The Doors, Anarchy in the UK by The Sex Pistols, Hurts So Good by John Cougar Mellancamp 
Favourite Quote: “Drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested.” ~ Hunter S Thompson 

Nick's taste in movies is pretty much my taste in movies so he gets extra points for that.

I mean, The Lost Boys is perfect 80's vampire camp! I love it so much.

Source
Who didn't love The Breakfast Club?! *immediately starts singing Don't You Forget About Me*

Source







They both fit Nick pretty well actually and also happen to be really great movies.

Here are Nick's favourite songs via Spotify. Hurts So Good is a song you HAVE to sing along to as loud as you can. It basically demands it.



Light My Fire is also one of my favourite songs from The Doors so I was happy to see it on this playlist. I think it gives you an accurate picture of the sort of guy Nick is. I am very excited for you all to meet him.

Hopefully this tease has made you excited to meet Nick! You can do so by picking Overdrive up from your local bookstore or any of the following retailers


Tomorrow, you'll get to meet the last two members of this heist team. A girl who loves Taylor Swift as much as I do, and a computer hacker who could give Elliott Alderson a run for his money (yes, that is a Mr Robot reference).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...