Thursday, November 24, 2016

2017 Most Anticipated - Flower




The next pick for my 2017 Most Anticipated Event has been teased as a very steamy read. We're talking blush worthy reading if reports are to be believed.


A story who told herself that she was going to stay focused and get into college. She was not going to let boys be a distraction. Until Tate comes along and messes that plan right up. I am super excited because I've heard good things about this one!


Here is the  Goodreads synopsis that just hints at what this story is about.
These are the things that I've always wanted:

To get the top grades in my class.

To make my grandmother proud.

And most of all, proof that I could succeed where the rest of my family had not: a Stanford acceptance letter, early admission.

My mother and my sister were obsessed with boys and love and sex. So obsessed that they lost sight of their futures, of what they wanted. And in the end, they lost everything.

I'll never let a boy distract me. I promised my grandmother that.

But that was before Tate.

Before the biggest pop star on the planet took an interest in me.

Before private planes and secret dates and lyrics meant for me alone.

There's so much I don't know. Like why he left music. Where he goes when we're not together. What dark past he's hiding. But when we kiss, the future feels far away. And now…I'm not sure what I want.
I am pretty sure there is something more going on under the surface of this novel that the synopsis is not revealing. It makes me excited to discover what those secrets are.

Shea Olsen was kind enough to answer a few questions about her book, but I didn't get her to reveal too many of the book's secrets.

1 Twitter pitch Flower (140 characters or less)

Charlotte never wanted to fall in love. Until she met Tate Collins. Now she can’t remember ever wanting anything else but him.

2 If someone were to make a signature drink in honour of your book, what might be included?

Sweet vermouth and champagne. The vermouth adds a hint of bitterness, because things aren’t always so perfect in Charlotte’s world. But the bubbles of the champagne make you feel heady and euphoric—just like how Charlotte feels when she’s with Tate. A dangerous but irresistible concoction.

3 The book's synopsis seems to hint at much more going on underneath. Can you let us in on one secret about your book (it could be about its setting, characters, or anything else). 

Initially, Tate comes across as the bad boy in the story, but he isn’t inherently a bad person. As the story progresses, we learn why he behaves the way he does and why he needs control. There is one singular moment in his life that alters everything, and forces him away from his music career. This moment is the catalyst for everything that comes after. But you’ll have to read it to learn what it is!

4 Name a song you listed to for inspiration while writing this novel (if you didn't listen to music let me know and I can quickly send another question)

I don’t listen to music while I write, but I do listen when I’m brainstorming or feeling stuck on a scene. One song that became the anthem for this book, and I must have listened to a hundred times when I needed inspiration, was Selena Gomez’s THE HEART WANTS WHAT IT WANTS. This song sums up everything my main character, Charlotte, thinks and feels throughout the story.

5 If you could travel to anywhere, in any time period, when and where would you want travel?

I love the 1920’s, also known as the roaring twenties. Woman really embraced a new sense of empowerment. They wore flapper dresses, bobbed their hair short, wore makeup, drove cars, partied… and generally did what was not necessarily acceptable for the time period. It was such a vibrant and fascinating time that I would love to go back and experience it.

6 What 2017 release are you most anticipating?

Stephanie Garber’s CARAVAL looks absolutely fabulous! I love anythingwith some magic and whimsy.

My next book coming out with Simon Pulse in 2018 is a YA magical realism novel, and I’m incredibly thrilled about it. It will publish under the name Shea Ernshaw, so keep an eye out for that!

7 If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of Flower

I was twelve years old when I made the promise to myself.


I will gladly head to the 1920s with you, Shea! I am very curious to discover Tate's secrets and all this talk of him liking to be in control is reminding me of 50 Shades of Grey (which I heard this novel compared to once).

Either way, I cannot wait to read Charlotte and Tate's story.

Flower releases January 3, 2017 so there is barely any wait at all. If all this has piqued your curiosity it'll be out right in time to spend those holiday gift cards.

You can preorder now from the retailer of your choice.


You can also follow Shea  on Twitter, visit her website, and visit the publisher website for more details. Her co-author, Elizabeth Craft, can also be found on Twitter.

Are you a fan of contemporary romance novels?  Let me know in the comments!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to find out the next book that made this year's list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...