With the holidays quickly approaching I thought I would do a mini-event highlighting some of my favourite gift ideas for the holiday season, especially for those bookish people in your life. It may same early, but plenty of these suggestions need to be order online. It is always a good idea to purchase early as shipping time is usually increased during the holiday season.
Today I have the lovely people from Simon and Schuster Canada helping me with some suggestions on what books to pick up for the people in your life. Jacke from Simon and Schuster, very kindly, offered up her suggestions on what to get based on the kind of reader they are!
Jackie from Simon and Schuster Recommends
For The Contemporary Teen Reader
The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
The Last Boy and Girl in the World by Siobhan Vivian (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
Museum of Heartbreak by Meg Leder (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
Overdrive by Dawn Ius (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
For The Canadian Teen Reader
Swan Riders by Erin Bow (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
The Blackthorn Key by Kevin Sands (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
For The Serial Teen Reader
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (The Mortal Instruments 1-7) (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
PS: I Still Love You by Jenny Han (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
For the Curious Teen
Boy Robot by Simon Curtis (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
Scythe by Neal Shusterman (Goodreads/Simon and Schuster)
These are all amazing choices to give someone and all of them are currently available to purchase as the retailer of your choice!
Now, my own choices for which books you should give this holiday season ...
If your giving to someone who loves contemporary ...
- Simon Vs The Homosapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli (Goodreads)
- When We Collided by Emery Lord (any any Emery Lord novel) (Goodreads)
- The Royal We by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan (Goodreads)
If you're giving to someone who like their books with some spice (ie - sexytimes) ....
- Any Elliot Wake novel (Bad Boy, Cam Girl, etc) (Goodreads)
- Sweet Flithy Boy by Christen Lauren (Goodreads)
- Captive Prince by C.S. Pascat (Goodreads) *
If you're giving to someone who loves twists and chills ....
- Stalking Jack The Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco (Goodreads)
- Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas (Goodreads)
- Lock and Mori by Heather W Petty (Goodreads)
If you're giving to someone who miss Gossip Girl (or who loves books steeped in drama)
- Paper Princess by Erin Watt (Goodreads)
- The Thousandth Floor by Katharine McGee (Goodreads)
- Tiny Pretty Things by Sona Charaipotra and Dhonielle Clayton (Goodreads)
A few of my personal favourites that I gave gifted everyone
- Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson (Goodreads)
- A Criminal Magic by Lee Kelly (Goodreads)
- Stolen by Lucy Christopher (Goodreads)
Cannot miss series
- Red Queen series by Victoria Aveyard (Goodreads)
- Six Of Crows series by Leigh Bardugo (Goodreads)
- A Darker Shade Of Magic series by VE Schwab (Goodreads)
And lastly, pre-orders that will delight any book nerd ....
- When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon (Goodreads)
- The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich (Goodreads)
- The Gentleman's Guide To Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee (Goodreads)
Tomorrow and Saturday I will have some suggestions on what to get the bookish person in your life when you don't want to gift them books! Be sure to stop by to get some ideas, and hopefully a head start on your holiday shopping.
* I have not read Captive Prince (yet) but I have heard nothing by raves about it so feel confident of putting it on the list.