Tuesday, November 28, 2017

2018 Most Anticipated - These Rebel Waves



I've always been fascinated by pirates. I am pretty sure my love of Peter Pan was influenced not just by the boy who wouldn't grow up but the pirates he fought as well. There is something about pirates that is alluring and dangerous at the same time.


As a result of this fascination, I was thrilled to discover Sara Raasch was writing a novel that included 'a well-mannered lady, a tortured pirate, and an ambitious prince' I knew I needed to read it (and obviously I am firmly #TeamTorturedPirate).



The Goodreads synopsis offers up a tease for the amazingness to come. It appears we have a soldier (who may or may not be the 'well behaved lady'), the tortured pirate that I have already decided I am going to love, and a crown prince in a very precarious position. 
Adeluna is a soldier. Five years ago, she helped the magic-rich island of Grace Loray overthrow its oppressor, Argrid, a country ruled by religion. But adjusting to postwar life has not been easy. When an Argridian delegate vanishes during peace talks with Grace Loray’s new Council, Argrid demands brutal justice—but Lu suspects something more dangerous is at work.

Devereux is a pirate. As one of the outlaws called stream raiders who run rampant on Grace Loray, he pirates the island’s magic plants and sells them on the black market. But after Argrid accuses raiders of the diplomat’s abduction, Vex becomes a target. An expert navigator, he agrees to help Lu find the Argridian—but the truth they uncover could be deadlier than any war.

Benat is a heretic. The crown prince of Argrid, he harbors a secret obsession with Grace Loray’s forbidden magic. When Ben’s father, the king, gives him the shocking task of reversing Argrid’s fear of magic, Ben has to decide if one prince can change a devout country—or if he’s building his own pyre.

As conspiracies arise, Lu, Vex, and Ben will have to decide who they really are . . . and what they are willing to become for peace.
I love that this is going to have some magic in it, along with some characters that already stand out just from the synopsis. I am curious about so much that was revealed and it only makes me want to read the novel more than I already do.

Sara kindly took some time to let me in on some These Rebel Waves details and I am pretty sure you'll be rushing to add it to your own 'to be read' list (if you haven't already) after reading this fun interview I did with her!

1 What gif do you think best describes These Rebel Waves.



2 If someone were to make a signature ice cream in honour of your book, what might be included?

Jackfruit and basil in a coconut ice cream.

3 Pirates being included in a novel are often something that will make me automatically want to read it. What about pirates inspired you to write These Rebel Waves?

I love what pirates represent -- a group calling out something inherently wrong in a system/government by the very lives they lead.

4 Name a song you listed to for inspiration while writing this novel (if you didn't listen to music let me know and I can quickly send another question)

Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance

5 If you could travel to anywhere, in any time period, when and where would you want travel?

I think every write would choose to see the library of Alexandria!

6 What 2018 release are you most anticipating?

PACIFICA by Kristen Simmons! I read an early version and OMG so intense. Kristen is amazing at reflecting our society's ills in bleak, absorbing dystopic worlds.

7 If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of These Rebel Waves.

"Benat Gallego was thirteen when he watched his uncle and cousin burn to death."


I need that ice cream. It sounds delicious. I love how Sara describes why she loves pirates. It makes me think her book is going to have EXACTLY my kind of pirates.

These Rebel Waves releases August 7, 2018 but you can pre-order it right now from any retailer.

You can find out more about Sarah by following her on Twitter, and by visiting her her website. You can also find out more about her books on the publisher website.

Do you love novels that have pirates in them? If so, let me know what you love about them in the comments.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to find out the next book on my 2018 Most Anticipated List!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...