Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday ....... I Was Here


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is I Was Here by Gayle Forman


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
Cody and Meg were inseparable.
Two peas in a pod.
Until . . . they weren’t anymore.

When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.

I Was Here is Gayle Forman at her finest, a taut, emotional, and ultimately redemptive story about redefining the meaning of family and finding a way to move forward even in the face of unspeakable loss.
I have loved all of Gayle Forman's other books. It's always exciting when a new release from her is in the Penguin catalog. I am counting down the days until this one is in my hands! It sounds like there may be a few twists and surprises during this one!

Expected release date - January 27, 2015

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book. It sounds like it may be a really emotional read. I still need to read Just One Day & Just One Year as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of her books too. I am looking forward to reading this one. I hope we both enjoy it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...