Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday .... Bad Romance


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Bad Romance by Heather Demetrios


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
Grace wants out. Out of her house, where her stepfather wields fear like a weapon and her mother makes her scrub imaginary dirt off the floors. Out of her California town, too small to contain her big city dreams. Out of her life, and into the role of Parisian artist, New York director—anything but scared and alone.

Enter Gavin: charming, talented, adored. Controlling. Dangerous. When Grace and Gavin fall in love, Grace is sure it's too good to be true. She has no idea their relationship will become a prison she's unable to escape. 

Deeply affecting and unflinchingly honest, this is a story about spiraling into darkness—and emerging into the light again.
Abusive relationship books have to be done right in order for me to want to read them. Romanticizing the behaviour does not send the right message, and I find a lot of books tend to do that.

I, however, trust Heather Demetrios to write about this particular subject with the proper care and attention it deserves. I am hopeful that this book is going to be a contrast to the many that have come out where the love interest is actually abusive but is presented as a romantic option for the heroine of the novel. I also think this will be much more hopeful and inspiring than it appears at first glance. It'll be about the light that comes after the dark and I anticipate Heather will do justice to that element as well.

I anticipate that this will be a great summer read as it comes out in June, and I cannot wait to get my hands on it!

Expected release date - June 13, 2017

3 comments:

  1. I cannot WAIT to read this book! Heather Demetrios is such an amazing storyteller. This is so different from Dark Caravan Cycle series, which I loved, but I'm excited about this different type of story. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a wonderful week, Kathy. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyssa,

      Thanks for stopping by! If you haven't read Heather's other contemporary novels (Something Real and I'll Meet You There) you need to immediately. They are both amazing and give me hope that this will be incredible.

      Delete
  2. I have this on my tbr, also. This sounds darker than her previous books, so I hope we both enjoy reading it.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...