Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday ..... Final Girls


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is Final Girls by Riley Sager


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
Ten years ago, college student Quincy Carpenter went on vacation with five friends and came back alone, the only survivor of a horror movie–scale massacre. In an instant, she became a member of a club no one wants to belong to—a group of similar survivors known in the press as the Final Girls. Lisa, who lost nine sorority sisters to a college dropout’s knife; Sam, who went up against the Sack Man during her shift at the Nightlight Inn; and now Quincy, who ran bleeding through the woods to escape Pine Cottage and the man she refers to only as Him. The three girls are all attempting to put their nightmares behind them, and, with that, one another. Despite the media’s attempts, they never meet.

Now, Quincy is doing well—maybe even great, thanks to her Xanax prescription. She has a caring almost-fiancĂ©, Jeff; a popular baking blog; a beautiful apartment; and a therapeutic presence in Coop, the police officer who saved her life all those years ago. Her memory won’t even allow her to recall the events of that night; the past is in the past. 

That is, until Lisa, the first Final Girl, is found dead in her bathtub, wrists slit, and Sam, the second, appears on Quincy’s doorstep. Blowing through Quincy’s life like a whirlwind, Sam seems intent on making Quincy relive the past, with increasingly dire consequences, all of which makes Quincy question why Sam is really seeking her out. And when new details about Lisa’s death come to light, Quincy’s life becomes a race against time as she tries to unravel Sam’s truths from her lies, evade the police and hungry reporters, and, most crucially, remember what really happened at Pine Cottage, before what was started ten years ago is finished.
I am a sucker for anything that twists horror movie tropes, and 'the final girl' is one of the biggest tropes out there. I cannot wait to see what twists this story takes and how Riley Sager uses the 'final girl' trope in new and exciting ways.

Expected release date - July 11, 2017

4 comments:

  1. Ooooo, this sounds like a mystery novel! Horror too? I am so bad with horror, it's easily the genre I read the least. *hides under covers* I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it, Kathy!

    Have a wonderful week. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alyssa,

      I think it is mystery mixed with horror (simply because of the 'final girl' trope). It certainly sounds like there is a good mystery at its core!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. This books sounds like a perfect Halloween read! o.o I'm a scaredy cat, I think this might be way too scary for me XD haha. Hope you enjoy it though!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brittany,

      I would be a perfect Oct read, but I am totally going to devour my ARC of it soon. I won't be able to wait.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...