Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Waiting On Wednesday ..... King's Cage


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My pick this week is King's Cage by Victoria Aveyard

SPOILERS FOR PREVIOUS NOVELS


Here is the Goodreads synopsis 
In this breathless third installment to Victoria Aveyard’s bestselling Red Queen series, allegiances are tested on every side. And when the Lightning Girl's spark is gone, who will light the way for the rebellion?

Mare Barrow is a prisoner, powerless without her lightning, tormented by her lethal mistakes. She lives at the mercy of a boy she once loved, a boy made of lies and betrayal. Now a king, Maven Calore continues weaving his dead mother's web in an attempt to maintain control over his country—and his prisoner.

As Mare bears the weight of Silent Stone in the palace, her once-ragtag band of newbloods and Reds continue organizing, training, and expanding. They prepare for war, no longer able to linger in the shadows. And Cal, the exiled prince with his own claim on Mare's heart, will stop at nothing to bring her back.

When blood turns on blood, and ability on ability, there may be no one left to put out the fire—leaving Norta as Mare knows it to burn all the way down.
I could not believe that I hadn't already used this upcoming title for a Waiting On Wednesday post. It is one of my most anticipated of 2017 and I cannot wait for it to be released.

The ending of Glass Sword made me desperate to get my hands on the next book in this series and it sounds just as incredible as I had hoped.

If you've missed reading the first two novels in this series I highly recommend them. Luckily the wait for this one is pretty short now as it'll be released in less than a month!

Expected release date - February 7, 2017

2 comments:

  1. Agreed, the ending of Glass Sword made me need this book so badly, and I hate waiting XD I'm worried that Victoria will give us the biggest cliffhanger ever in this book too, and then we'll have to wait for the last book for another year >< I hope this book is awesome though :)

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dyyyying to read this book! I hate cliffhangers and the one at the end of Glass Sword was painful. I have a feeling that this book will be a little painful too, LOL. I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Kathy. =)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...