Saturday, January 28, 2017

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Everything is pretty awful right now but there were still a few things to get excited about released this week.

BOOK

A Blade So Black by LL McKinney (goodreads)

Just read this deal announcement and tell me you don't want to read this immediately.
Pitched as a retelling of Alice in Wonderland with the butt-kicking of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, with a black teen heroine at its center, Alice is a warrior who battles Nightmares in the dark and terrifying dream realm known as Wonderland.
I love Buffy. I love retellings. This is obviously something I am going to be very interested in reading! I am excited to hear more about this title as the 2018 release nears.

TV/MOVIE

Bates Motel Final Season Key Art

The key art is just as creepy as you would expect. They released multiple ones but this one is my favourite.


The key art is perfectly unsettling and perfect for the final season which takes Norman into Psycho territory to close out the show. I am going to miss this show so much. It holds some of the best acting on television right now and it pains me that it never got the awards recognition it deserves.

Beauty And The Beast 

The new live action Beauty and the Beast continues to be high on my must see list. They recently released a set of motion posters that introduce the characters. 


I particularly like the one for Gaston. He is exactly what I would expect him to be. The raised eyebrow and smirk are basically perfect. 

OTHER

Mr Robot Funko Pops 

Funko recently announced a whole lot of upcoming Pops and Mr Robot was one of the collections they teased with some concept art.



I will obviously be needing the entire set. I especially love Darlene's glasses. The set did leave me asking one question though...


Which seems fair considering the second season. I hope he's just a store exclusive and is part of this first wave. I do not want to have to wait for the second wave.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...