Friday, May 26, 2017

Book Expo Excitement



It is that time of year again. Book Expo is upon us next week and I am thrilled to be attending again this year.

The event is always a fun time and there is nothing quite like being surrounded by a bunch of fellow book nerds. I tend to return from Book Expo both exhausted, but excited to get blogging again.

The event will be held in New York City again this year, and I am excitedly counting down the days until I leave! I love New York City and am so glad it is being held there again.


I am looking forward to eating at Shake Shack again, and visiting The Strand to do some book shopping. There is something special about the biggest book event being held where all the publishers are located, and I missed that feeling last year.

On of the exciting parts of Book Expo is getting your hands on some of your most anticipated reads of the autumn season. This year has some pretty exciting titles being featured and there are a few I am particularly excited about:

1 - There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins

I am pretty sure EVERYONE is excited about this Scream inspired novel by Stephanie. She may have won our hearts with her adorable contemporary novels, but I am eager to see what she has done with her first horror novel. Stephanie is a huge fan of the horror genre so I anticipate this one will be perfection. I tortured myself with the teaser that was released online, and it only made me more excited to get my hands on this.

2 - Genuine Fraud by E.Lockhart

I LOVED We Were Liars when I read it back in 2014. It was one of my favourites of that year. There tends to be minimal synopsis details for E. Lockhart's books and Genuine Fraud is no exception. I expect it to be a well written, twisty read that I fall in love with and I cannot wait to find out its secrets. 

3 - The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton 

I have been excited about this one since the book deal announcement. I love the idea of, what sounds like, a New Orleans inspired setting. The royal court aspect intrigues me. I read the sneak peak that was released along with the cover and it only cemented my need to read this. I am looking forward to meeting Camellia and the rest of the Belles.

4- They Both Die At The End by Adam Silvera 

I am 100% certain this book is going to make me cry. I mean, it is right in the title. We cannot say we were not warned, but this premise intrigues me. It looks at what people would do if they had advance warning of their death. In this case it is only a day, but what would you do with that day if you knew?I cannot wait to see how these characters answer that question.

5 -  Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco

I really enjoyed Stalking Jack The Ripper when I read it last year, and have been anticipating the second novel in this series ever since. I fangirled when I found out it was going to have a Dracula twist to it and am now even more excited to read it. I anticipate more adorable banter, and for Audrey Rose to continue to be done with men telling her what to do.

Those are just a few of the books I am excited to learn more about, and hopefully secure an ARC of, at Book Expo. It is sure to be an exciting two days!


The blog will mostly run as normal while I am gone with things set to auto publisher, so there will still be reviews and such while I am away. I'll share all the Book Expo details when I return!

Are you going to Book Expo? What books are you most excited about? Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...