Saturday, May 27, 2017

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

A few things to be excited about this week!

BOOK

Waking Romeo by Kathryn Barker (goodreads)

I recently saw this novel announcement in Publishers Weekly and was immediately intrigued. I love both Romeo and Juliet and Wuthering Heights retellings. Combining the two is not something that I would have initially thought of, but I am VERY curious as to how it'll work.
Pitched as Romeo and Juliet meets Wuthering Heights, the YA novel follows Jules Capulet who, in a future world, is reeling from the end of her romance with a classmate called Romeo; it has left him in a coma and her as a social outcast. Enter Heathcliff Ellis, a time traveler sent on a mission to wake Romeo.
I love that it takes place in the future, and I am wondering if there will be a love triangle of sorts between Juliet, Romeo, and Heathcliff.

TV/MOVIE

Red Nose Day Actually


Love Actually is one of my favourite movies to watch around Christmas. It is a must watch for me at that time of year. I was thrilled when I heard the cast was reuniting for a short sequel for Red Nose Day this year.

It is perfect. And adorable.


I am not sure which catch up I love more, but I am so happy this is a thing. It has made me want a proper sequel though. I want to follow up with the others now.

Wonder Trailer

I read Wonder for one of my book clubs, and it instantly became a book I want to get my nieces to read. I was really curious about them turning it into a movie, and the first trailer was just released.


Jacob Tremblay is going to be a fantastic Auggie and I am so excited to see this in theatres. I may see if I can take my nieces as well!

OTHER

Book Expo

Book Expo is this upcoming week! I am so excited for it to finally be here! If you're going to be in NYC let me know!

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...