Tuesday, November 27, 2018

2019 Most Anticipated - Kelly from KellyVision


I mentioned in the announcement post for this year's event that I was going to be mixing it up a little bit from the usual format from previous years. This next post highlights books that someone else thinks should be on your radar for 2019! My friend Kelly, from KellyVision, was kind enough to share her list with me and offer up some commentary as to why her picks should be on your list as well. She's broken them down into categories so there is sure to be something for everyone!

I'm very excited to do this guest post because one of the things I love most in the world is talking about books. (Also reading books, preordering books, buying books in general and attending bookish events.) These are books I haven't gotten for review, and so these are books that I will be buying and that I will be reading the second I can. (I tend to still buy books but then not read them right away because I have a ton that I've gotten for review and I try to read those first.)

YA & Middlegrade:

1) Tell Me Everything by Sarah Enni 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out Feb. 26

I forget how I initially heard about this, but it sounds amazing. I'm drawn to stories about secrets, and I especially love stories where people suddenly become famous or infamous. It's a debut novel and I also love supporting those.

2) Shouting at the Rain by Lynda Mullaly Hunt 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

 Out May 7.

I am a huge fan of Lynda Mullaly Hunt and I feel like I've been waiting for this book FOREVER. I've deliberately tried to not learn anything about it. (With some authors, it doesn't even matter what it's about. Like, "Oh, it's written by this person? I NEED IT.)

3) Good Enough by Jen Petro-Roy 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

I've read an early version of this, but I know the finished version will be so different. Jen and I are friends and I loved PS I Miss You so much, and I think her books are so great and so important.

4) In the Woods by Carrie Jones and Steven E. Wedel 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out July 16.

Speaking of books I've been waiting forever for, THIS ONE. It's supposed to be scary and it's their first collaboration since After Obsession. This is the scary book I've waited years for.

5) Scary Stories Complete Set by Alvin Schwartz 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out April 30.

I think everyone who's roughly my age read these books when they were little. Copies were passed around my elementary school playground and I don't have my copies anymore. And so when I found out that they were releasing them for the Kindle, there was an actual shriek of joy.

6) Rayne & Delilah's Midnight Matinee by Jeff Zentner 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out Feb. 26.

And speaking of shrieks of joy. I hate winter and this is the reason I'm actually looking forward to it in general and looking forward to February (the worst month) in particular. This sounds amazing and since I've loved his first two books, my expectations are literally sky high for this.

7) Famous in a Small Town by Emma Mills 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out January 15.

Emma Mills is another of my favorite authors and this one is almost here. (Only two months or so to go!) I'm from a small town and I didn't particularly love it, so I'm excited to read this and see life in a small town from a different perspective.

8) Far Away by Lisa Graff 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out March 5

This one sounds fantastic and heartbreaking. CJ lives with her psychic aunt after her mom died, and it's about how she tries to stay close to her mom and I expect to cry buckets.

9) Children of Virtue and Vengeance by Tomi Adeyemi 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out March 5.

I am literally taking March 5 after work, so that I can read this (and Far Away) without the distraction of work. If you haven't read Children of Blood and Bone, you need to. Like, IMMEDIATELY. I loved that book and I'm so excited for this one.

Adult fiction:

1) Saving Meghan by DJ Palmer

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble 

Out April 9.

I love mysteries and suspense novels and this one sound amazing. Is it Munchausen by Proxy? Is Meghan actually really sick? Is there a third option? I have so many questions and this is going to be an excellent present for me.

2) Run Away by Harlan Coben 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out March 19.

Harlan Coben is one of my favorite authors and has been since I read Tell No One probably 15 years ago or so. This one sounds a little different (drugs are involved) but I'm on board for everything he writes.

3) The Bride Test by Helen Hoang. 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out May 7.

I haven't read her first novel, The Kiss Quotient, but I have it. I've heard excellent things and this one sounds even better. I'm hoping I'll read The Kiss Quotient before this one comes out.

4) The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out July 16.

I am so psyched for this one! I haven't read The Wedding Date yet but I loved The Proposal. Jasmine Guillory writes these completely delightful books and I'm excited for another one in that world.

5) The Other Mrs. Miller by Allison Dickson. 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out July 16.

In the interest of full disclosure, Allison and I are friends, but I would be desperate to read this book either way. I'm hoping that I don't have to wait until July to read this domestic suspense novel.

Nonfiction:

1) Stay Sexy & Don't Get Murdered by Karen Kilgariff and Georgia Hardstark 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out May 28.

If I only get one book in 2019, it will be this one. I'm a murderino (thanks to Kathy!) and I am so excited for this book. It should be so good and so funny.

2) This Promise of Change by Jo Ann Allen Boyce and Debbie Levy 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out January 8.

I love books about women who make a difference, and Jo Ann is someone who's done that...except she was actually a 14-year-old girl when she was one of the Clinton 12 who desegregated a high school in Tennessee. This looks heartbreaking and amazing. She's a hero in her time and in ours.

3) Shout by Laurie Halse Anderson 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out March 12

Laurie Halse Anderson is one of my favorite authors and this is her first memoir. It's going to be written in verse and that's about all I know about it: memoir in verse by Laurie Halse Anderson.

4) The Witches are Coming by Lindy West 

Amazon // Chapters // Barnes and Noble

Out May 28. (NOTE: I need to take May 28 off work.)

Embarrassing Confession: I haven't read Shrill. I have it and I want to read it; I just haven't yet. But this one is about pop culture, politics and feminism and I am always here for that.

A huge thank you to Kelly for taking the time to write this post!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to for the next book on my 2019 most anticipated list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...