Friday, November 30, 2018

2019 Most Anticipated - Somewhere Only We Know



The next book in my 2019 Most Anticipated event is who takes its inspiration from one of my favourite movies. It mixes Kpop with the Hollywood classic ...


I have often tweeted how much I wanted a YA novel inspired by Roman Holiday and this one sounds incredibly fun and like it'll offer a fresh take on the story as well.


The Goodreads synopsis for this novel sets the tone of lighthearted fun and a late night hamburger hunt is always a bonus.
Sparks fly between a K pop starlet and a tabloid reporter in this heartwarming rom-com from Maurene Goo.

10 00 p.m.: Lucky is the biggest K-pop star on the scene, and she's just performed her hit song "Heartbeat" in Hong Kong to thousands of adoring fans. She's about to debut on The Tonight Show in America, hopefully a breakout performance for her career. But right now? She's in her fancy hotel, trying to fall asleep but dying for a hamburger.
11 00 p.m.: Jack is sneaking into a fancy hotel, on assignment for his tabloid job that he keeps secret from his parents. On his way out of the hotel, he runs into a girl wearing slippers, a girl who is single-mindedly determined to find a hamburger. She looks kind of familiar. She's very cute. He's maybe curious.
12:00 a.m.: Nothing will ever be the same.

With her trademark humor and voice, Maurene Goo delivers a sparkling story of taking a chance on love--and finding yourself along the way.
The teen with a tabloid job could work well within this type of story and it sounds like Maurene has modernized this story quite a bit as well.

As mentioned, this year's event was going to offer up some different posts than usual and this is one of them. I am going to share my personal top three reasons to be excited about this book!

1 Maurene Goo's previous novels are excellent. I see her writing style pairing nicely with this story type and cannot wait to see what she does with the character of Lucky

2 The setting! Based on the synopsis alone I am guessing it is set in Hong Kong (since it mentions her JUST performing her hit song there) and I am totally excited about a late night hamburger hunt in Hong Kong! I can see it being a great city for a Roman Holiday style romance.
3 Did I mention it was inspired by Roman Holiday? One of the most delightful rom-coms out there? Somewhere Only We Know is going to be all kinds of adorable!


Somewhere Only We Know releases May 7, 2019 but you can pre-order it right now from any retailer (or snag it with those holiday gift cards).

You can find out more about Hannah by following her on Twitter, and by visiting her her website. You can also find out more about her books on the publisher website.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to for the next book on my 2019 most anticipated list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...