Friday, January 4, 2019

Best Of 2018 - Everything Else


Wrapping up my look back at 2018 with the best of everything else (ie: not books or movies) before looking forward to what I am excited for in 2019!

Television 

American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace

This was, perhaps, my favourite season of television in 2018. Darren Criss' incredible performance as Andrew Cunanan, the show introduced us to the talented Cody Fern, gave us a fantastic Judith Light performance, reminded us that Finn Wittrock is incredibly talented, and it offered up a socially relevant message about the treatment of the LGBTQ+ community. It may have been quieter than the OJ Simpson season, but, I personally feel, the performances were event stronger.

Killing Eve

Two amazing performances from Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer. It's a cat-and-mouse style thriller that was also really fun to watch!

The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

This fun, and darker, twist to the Sabrina Spellman story was a welcome one. The casting is pretty perfect (I especially love Ross Lynch's Harvey and Chance Perdomo's Ambrose) and the show has just enough humour to balance its darker plot. 


Other

Disgraceland Podcast

I listen to a lot of true crime podcasts so it will come as no surprise that I immediately gravitated towards this podcast that is basically musicians behaving badly. Some of the episodes are very true crime based, others are just outrageous stories of performers at their worst. It's a fascinating, entertaining podcast whose host also happens to have an incredible voice and a talent for storytelling.

Little Gold Men Podcast

Vanity Fair's podcast focusing on the path to the Oscars has been a delight for me this year. Following them through this entire year from immediately after the last Oscars to this one has allowed me to follow the long and interesting path to get there in a way I never had before. It's a must listen for fans of movie award shows, but particularly if Oscars are your thing.

My Favorite Murder Podcast

This also made my list last year but Karen and Georgia continue to be my go to for podcasts. I also got to attend a live show in 2018 and it was one of my favourite moments of the year.

What television and podcasts from 2018 made your own best of lists? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...