Sunday, August 4, 2019

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

BOOKS

Cover for Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon (goodreads)

Fairytale retellings are always a favourite of mine and the fact that this is a Beauty and the Beast retelling set in a boarding school was enough for me to want it immediately.

The incredibly fun cover was revealed and I want to read it even more now.



I love the colour scheme and the font used for the title. It also done in a style that is very popular right now with the characters being drawn instead of using real people. This is a highly anticipated one for me and I cannot wait to read it.

Cover of Anna K by Jenny Lee (goodreads)

A story inspired by Anna Karenina and set in modern times. That alone should have you taking a second look at this novel. The adorable cover doesn't hurt either.


It's bright, and eye catching in a great way. I cannot wait to read this one!

TV/MOVIES

Queen and Slim Trailer

We had a teaser trailer which looked awesome, but not the full trailer for Queen and Slim has been released. It is sort of a Bonnie and Clyde story (which I have always been fascinated by) so I am obviously going to see it. Daniel Kaluuya looks to be giving a heck of a performance in this one.


The line 'Can I be your legacy?' gets me for some reason. This looks like it'll be romantic, heartbreaking and hard to watch at times.

OTHER

Recent Etsy Finds

I loved the third season of Stranger Things so was thrilled when one of my favourite Etsy shops, HappyHello, has these adorable Robin and Steve bookmarks from the third season.


Picture copywrite @ HappyHelloCo

The next item I absolutely love is this cute pin from the KrystanSaintCat Etsy shop. It is available in different colours, but the black and silver one caught my eye. I, obviously, needed to get one because it is very much on brand for me.

Picture copywrite @ KrystanSaintCat

Stand By Me is one of my favourite movies (if not my absolute favourite). I immediately coveted this adorable art print that I found on the AnchoredDesignsUK Etsy shop. It has so many of my favourite quotes and just makes me so happy. Hopefully I'll get to own this soon and it'll find its way on to my wall at some point. It's too good for me not to own.


What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...