Thursday, November 28, 2019

2020 Most Anticipated - Kelly from Kellyvision




Today's post is a little different. I thought it might be fun to share the titles that other people are excited for and this is the first of that kind of post. My friend Kelly, who blogs over at Kellyvision, has kindly put together a list of some of the books she is looking forward to in 2020.

I'm really excited for 2020. I'll be turning 40, there's a new Halloween movie coming and hopefully we'll be getting a new president.

But except for those three things, I'm most excited for the books.

Six books I've preordered:

The Mountains Sing by Que Mai Phan Nguyen. A friend told me about this one and it sounds amazing. It's a sweeping family saga set against the backdrop of the Vietnam war and it's from the perspective of the Vietnamese. I'm going to very strongly pitch it to my book club.

Tornado Brain by Cat Patrick. I love her books so much and I feel like I've been waiting forever for a new one. This is a middlegrade and it feels very different from her earlier books. I'm really excited to see where it goes.

If it Bleeds by Stephen King. He's my literal favorite author. I'm not huge on novella collections but I do love his.

You Are Not Alone by Greer Hendricks & Sarah Pekkanen. I've loved their first two collaborations. I'm trying to go into this one as blind as possible, but I'm really, REALLY excited. It's out a month before my birthday, but don't bother getting it for me; I am not waiting.

Seven Clues to Home by Gae Polisner & Nora Raleigh Baskin. I don't know what this is about, but I am all in for everything Gae does. Nora is a new author to me, but I think we're already going to be great friends.

The State of Us by Shaun David Hutchinson. Amazon doesn't even have a plot description for this but Shaun David Hutchinson wrote it, so I'm in.

Five series installments I'm desperate for (without explanation, because it's obvious):

Ten Things I Hate About Pinky by Sandhya Menon

The Nobleman's Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks by Mackenzi Lee

The King of Crows by Libba Bray

Deathless Divide by Justina Ireland

The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes by Suzanne Collins

Four backlist books I'm determined to read:

Butterfly Yellow by Thanhha Lai

White Fragility by Robin DiAngelo

Queenie by Candice Carty-Williams

Before the Devil Breaks You by Libba Bray (I haven't read this and book four is coming out soon!)

Three releases you need to read:

The Mall by Megan McCafferty. Her books are always fun but this one is a complete delight.

Jack Kerouac is Dead to Me by Gae Polisner. All of her books are great; this is her best one to date.

The Assignment by Liza Wiemer. Absolutely captivating. Go into this one knowing as little as possible.

Two titles I'm stepping out of my comfort zone for:

The Unwilling by Kelly Braffett. I don't read a lot of fantasy but Kelly Braffett is amazing and this is her first book in ages. She's earned my trust.

Of Curses and Kisses by Sandhya Menon. I don't love fairy tale retellings as a rule, but...Sandhya Menon.

The author I'm binging in 2020:

Nic Stone. I saw her speak with Laurie Halse Anderson a few weeks ago, and I'm very excited. Dear Martin, Odd One Out and Jackpot are out now, but we have some great books ahead, too: her middlegrade debut (Clean Getaway) and a Black Panther novel centered around Shuri! There's also going to be a Dear Martin sequel, but I think that's next year. Either way, I'm really excited to read everything she's written up to this point and then everything from here on out.

A huge thank you to Kelly for participating in this. There are so many amazing sounding books on her list as well.

Don't forget to stop by tomorrow for another title that I am eagerly anticipating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...