Friday, November 15, 2019

Raincoast Books Winter/Spring 2020 Blogger Preview




This post is a little late, but I wanted to share some of the amazing books that Raincoast Books recently highlighted at their annual book blogger preview. These events are always a fun, informative way to find out about their upcoming books. I always finish these events wanting to read so many of the books spotlighted and eager to discuss them with my fellow bloggers.

I am not going to discuss all of the titles that were shared, but instead figured I would do my own top ten list of the books I most want to read from the ones presented at the preview. There are so many amazing sound reads that this was hard and it is by no means an exhaustive list. Plenty of my fellow Canadian bloggers had recaps up before mine and they probably have a different mix of books that you can check out for a fuller picture of what Raincoast has to offer for the winter and spring seasons of 2020.

These books are in no particular order (because that would be even more difficult) and all of them link to Goodreads for easy addition to your to-be-read piles.

1. The Map From Here To There by Emery Lord

I love Emery Lord books and am especially excited to continue Paige and Max's story. Emery Lord's novels are always filled with a lot of heart and this one seems to be no exception.

2. Tweet Cute by Emma Lord

Inspired by You've Got Mail, Tweet Cute seems to be offering up a fun, cute rom-com in book format.

3. Anna K by Jenny Lee

A modern take on Anna Karenina that is set in New York. It seems to be filled with first love, first heartbreak, and some memorable characters.

4. Crave by Tracy Wolff

I love paranormal romance so it should be no surprise that this book being compared to Twilight intrigued me. Not too much is revealed in the synopsis but that only makes me more curious to read it.

5. Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles

Moulin Rouge meets Phantom of the Opera is all I need to know in order to be obsessed with this book. It sounds lush, romantic, and decadent.

6. A Heart So Fierce and Broken by Brigid Kemmerer

I loved the first book in this Beauty and the Beast retelling. I was blown away by this take on a well retold tale. I cannot wait to see what comes next for these characters and for the romance between Harper and Rhen to, hopefully, continue.

7. House of Earth and Blood by Sarah J Maas

Sarah J Maas' first adult novel has plenty of buzz already but it sounds amazing. It seems to fit a more paranormal vibe and I think there may be a form of vampires within it. I already love the fallen angel 'detective' and cannot wait to learn more about the world of Crescent City.

8. Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth

Veronica Roth is another author branching out from young adult to adult. Her book looks at what happens after the Chosen one (or ones) have saved the day. It seems like it will dive into the emotional elements to being the chisen one and how it could impact the rest of your life, even after fulfilling your destiny.

9. Reverie by Ryan La Sala

The Magicians meets Inception is how I was sold on this one. It also, from what I understand, features a gay main character and other characters who are part of the LGBTQ community. I think the world building in this is going to be amazing.

10. Foul Is Fair by Hannah Capin

I have heard so much about this but all I really needed was to know it is inspired by Macbeth (and in particular the witches). It is also a very timely book for the #metoo movement from what I have been told.

A huge thank you to Rauncoast Books for the invite and for such a great afternoon.

What book from the above list are you most excited to read? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. So many amazing books! I am excited about The Map from Here to There, Tweet Cute, and Anna K. All sound amazing. I have read Wolff's sports romances, but didn't know she had a paranormal coming out. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...