Tuesday, November 26, 2019

2020 Most Anticipated - Where Dreams Descend


The next book in my 2020 Most Anticipated event is being teased as Moulin Rouge meets Phantom Of The Opera. That description basically makes me want to have this book in my hands immediately.


The book, of course, is Where Dreams Descend by Janella Angeles and it comes with a stunning cover, and an intriguing synopsis.


The Goodreads synopsis teases a competition of sorts, and only touches on some of the characters we will meet in this magical sounding world.
In a city covered in ice and ruin, a group of magicians face off in a daring game of magical feats to find the next headliner of the Conquering Circus, only to find themselves under the threat of an unseen danger striking behind the scenes.

As each act becomes more and more risky and the number of missing magicians piles up, three are forced to reckon with their secrets before the darkness comes for them next.

The Star: Kallia, a powerful showgirl out to prove she’s the best no matter the cost

The Master: Jack, the enigmatic keeper of the club, and more than one lie told

The Magician: Demarco, the brooding judge with a dark past he can no longer hide

Where Dreams Descend is the startling and romantic first book in Janella Angeles’ debut Kingdom of Cards fantasy duology where magic is both celebrated and feared, and no heart is left unscathed.
I love that this one is emphasized as being romantic. I am expecting something tragic and epic with the Moulin Rouge and Phantom of the Opera comparisons.

My top three reasons for wanting to read Where Dreams Descend:

1. Did you miss the Moulin Rouge meets Phantom of the Opera comparison? That alone is enough for me to desperately want to get my hands on it.

2., The potential for a lush, magical world. We get teases of a city covered in ice, and the promise of magic. This world could be a mix of destruction and beauty and I am excited to see what Janella does with this setting.

3. The potential for heartbreak. We all know that both Moulin Rouge and Phantom of the Opera do not have feel good endings, so I am preparing myself to cry my way through some of the book. There can be beauty in sadness and I think that is what we might get here.


Where Dreams Descend releases June 2, 2020 but you can pre-order it right now from any retailer (or snag it with those holiday gift cards).

You can find out more about Janella by following her on Twitter, and by visiting her her website. You can also find out more about her books on the publisher website.

Does the idea of a Moulin Rouge meets Phantom of the Opera style book excite you as much as it does me? Do you love books that involve some magic? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to for the next book on my 2020 most anticipated list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...