Monday, October 12, 2020

Happy Thanksgiving


It's a long weekend here in Canada due to us having our Thanksgiving this weekend. It certainly is a different Thanksgiving for many and I think a lot of people will be feeling the isolation a little more acutely during the holidays.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving and that you get to spend time with your family even if it is virtually this year.

I thought it might be fun to share the four books I am thankful to have read this year (so far).

These may or may not be on my best of list but it is more focusing on the books that brought me moments of joy in a year where those are increasingly important.

In no particular order, here are the four books I am most thankful to have read this year:

1. Seduction by Karina Longworth

I've watched so many classic Hollywood movies during this pandemic and it is made a huge difference in helping me get through this. I owe that fact to not just this book but Karina's podcast, You Must Remember This, as well. I am thankful that it has been the gift that keeps in giving in a lot of ways.

2. Grown by Tiffany D Jackson

I am thankful for this one because at a moment where I was in a reading slump it had me entirely pulled into the story. I could not turn the pages fast enough. It felt like it broke that reading slump for me.

3. The Roommate by Rosie Danan

This is a burst of refreshing fun. It sparked joy simply because that is what this book is. I am thankful to have had this delight of a reading experience when I needed it the most.

4. In True Blood by Truman Capote

I am thankful to this one for not only offering me an incredible reading experience, but for getting me to watch the Philip Seymour Hoffman led Capote. It is one of my favourite movies I've seen this year and I would not have been as motivated to watch it without reading this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...