Wednesday, October 21, 2020

Waiting On Wednesday .... If The Shoe Fits

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
From #1 New York Times best-selling author Julie Murphy comes the first in a brand-new adult series inspired by the classic fairy tale stories we all know and love, perfect for adult readers who crave contemporary, escapist rom-coms.

After having just graduated with a degree in shoe design, and trying to get her feet on the ground, Cindy is working for her stepmother, who happens to be the executive producer of America’s favorite reality show, Before Midnight. When a spot on the show needs filling ASAP, Cindy volunteers, hoping it might help jump-start her fashion career, or at least give her something to do while her peers land jobs in the world of high fashion.

Turns out being the only plus size woman on a reality dating competition makes a splash, and soon Cindy becomes a body positivity icon for women everywhere. What she doesn't expect? That she may just find inspiration — and love — in the process. Ultimately, Cindy learns that if the shoe doesn't fit, maybe it's time to design your own.
Fairytale retellings are some of my favourite books to read so I was especially excited to hear about this one. It not only is written by an author whose work I enjoy but is the start of an adult book series from Disney. 

This Cinderella inspired story sounds amazing. I love that she is interested in fashion.  I also love the nod to the classic Cinderella dress but made more modern.

Here is hoping these become Disney+ movies in the future.

It sounds like a perfect summer read to enjoy with some ice cream. I cannot wait!

Expected release date - August 3, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...