Wednesday, December 16, 2020

2021 Most Anticipated - Kate In Waiting


The next book on my 2021 most anticipated list revolves around best friends who share everything including a love of theatre and crushes.


Becky Albertalli is known for writing amazing books and I was thrilled when I ready the synopsis of her newest book titled Kate in Waiting.


The Goodreads synopsis definitely made me want to get my hands on this book immediately. 
Contrary to popular belief, best friends Kate Garfield and Anderson Walker are not codependent. Carpooling to and from theater rehearsals? Environmentally sound and efficient. Consulting each other on every single life decision? Basic good judgment. Pining for the same guys from afar? Shared crushes are more fun anyway.

But when Kate and Andy’s latest long-distance crush shows up at their school, everything goes off script. Matt Olsson is talented and sweet, and Kate likes him. She really likes him. The only problem? So does Anderson.

Turns out, communal crushes aren’t so fun when real feelings are involved. This one might even bring the curtains down on Kate and Anderson’s friendship.
Here are the top three reasons I cannot wait to read this:

1. The fact that it is written by Becky Albertalli is enough. After Simon vs the Homosapiens Agenda I will read anything Becky writes. 

2. A friendship is at the heart of this story. I trust Becky to write a complex friendship that will bring out a whole lot of feelings as we read. It already seems like it might be a bit heartbreaking but hopefully uplifting too.

3. A unique romantic plot seems to be the focus of the novel. Both Kate and Anderson like the same guy but nobody knows Matt's sexuality or if he is even interested in either of our main characters. It could get messy, but hopefully it also makes for a surprising read. 


Kate In Waiting releases April 20, 2021. Be sure to preorder your copy today so that you get your copy as soon as it is released. 

You can find out more about Becky and her books by following her on Twitter, and by visiting her her website. You can also find out more about her books on the publisher website.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for the last book on my 2021 Most Anticipated list.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...