Thursday, December 17, 2020

2021 Most Anticpated - If This Gets Out


The final book on my 2021 most anticipated list is here and I can think of no better way to end this event off than with this next book. It's one for anyone who has ever loved a boy band.


Cale Dietrich and Sophine Gonzales are giving us the amazing sounding If This Gets Out next year in which two boy band members fall in love. 


The Goodreads synopsis is pretty much just a brief teaser for now (as more details are still to come) but it definitely made me want to pick this one up immediately.
Two boys in America's biggest boy band who fall for each other while on their first sold-out European tour, and are forced to keep their relationship a secret by their record label, but slowly realize those in charge have no intention of letting them announce their relationship to the world—ever.
This sounds like it is going to be so much fun!

Cale has kindly taken the time to answer a few questions about the book, and all things boy bands.

1 What gif do you feel best represents If This Gets Out?
 
That one of Jeremy Renner swooning!

 
2 If someone were to make a signature drink in honour of your book, what might be included?
 
OOH good question! If someone were to make a drink about OTR I think it would involve some rainbow branded Absolout Vodka because it’s the gayest alcohol I can think of.
 
3 This story revolves around a boy band. Which boy band is your favourite (and who is your favourite member)?
 
I like pretty much all boy-bands, but my favourite would be Backstreet Boys! Everybody (Backstreet’s Back) is such a fun song, and the music video is one of my all-time favourites! They are also super nostalgic, and my favourite member would be Nick. More recent boy bands I really like are One Direction, The Wanted and BTS.
 
4 Music is a huge part of this story (obviously). What is your favourite song that is sung by a boy band?
 
This is such a great question! There are so many that I love so much that it’s hard to pick just one, but off the top of my head: I Want it That Way, Everybody (Backstreet’s Back). Glad You Came, It’s Gonna be Me, No Control (why was this not a single???) and Boy with Luv.
 
5 What is one song that made your playlist while writing If This Gets Out?
 
So, really early on in the process before we had a title, I was calling it The Two of Us in my head, after the *NYSNC song! So I listened to that song a lot, and it will remind me of OTR, even though the song has changed. I also listened to Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World a lot, as it’s my character’s favorite song.
 
6 What 2021 release are you most anticipating?
 
There are so many, but I can’t wait for KATE IN WAITING! I’ve loved all of Becky’s other books and I’m sure I will love this one just as much!
 
7 If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of Off The Record. 
 
Sure! It’s: Almost plummeting to my death before a stadium full of screaming people is a warning sign, in an endless parade of warning signs lately, that I need more sleep.

I may have immediately put on some of these songs after reading Cale's answers. This sounds like it'll be such a fun read. I think it's going to be a popular young adult read in the latter part of 2021 (especially with boy band fandoms) when it releases. 


If This Gets Out does not have an official release date yet, but it will be sometime in the back end of 2021. There are no preorder links available just yet BUT you can add it to your Goodreads and get your boy band playlists ready in the meantime. 

You can find out more about Cale and Sophie by following them on Twitter.  You can also visit Sophie's website and Cale's publisher page

Be sure to stop by tomorrow for one last post wrapping up the event! Be sure to share what books you're excited about in the comments below.


1 comment:

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...