Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Waiting on Wednesday ... 56 Days

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is 56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
No one knew they'd moved in together. Now one of them is dead. Could this be the perfect murder?

56 DAYS AGO
Ciara and Oliver meet in a supermarket queue in Dublin the same week Covid-19 reaches Irish shores.

35 DAYS AGO
When lockdown threatens to keep them apart, Oliver suggests that Ciara move in with him. She sees a unique opportunity for a new relationship to flourish without the pressure of scrutiny of family and friends. He sees it as an opportunity to hide who - and what - he really is.

TODAY
Detectives arrive at Oliver's apartment to discover a decomposing body inside.

Will they be able to determine what really happened, or has lockdown provided someone with the opportunity to commit the perfect crime? 
I am pretty sure that this might be the only COVID inspired book that I decide to pick up for a long while. I am not at all ready to have the events of the pandemic reflected in my media but this one caught my eye thanks to its mystery angle.

We don't know who the body is. It could be Oliver. It could be Ciara. It could be someone else. Unraveling that mystery, I hope, will be part of the reading experience. 

I think the mystery element will take the focus and I am hoping that the pandemic inclusion will be background stuff that adds another layer to the mystery.

This one is timed for an end of summer read and I hope to get to it before pool side reading season ends.

Expected release date - August 17, 2021

1 comment:

  1. I'm really looking forward to this one, too, and I agree with you...hoping the pandemic aspect will only be in the background.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...