Monday, August 2, 2021

Monthly TBR and Wrap Up

It's August which means the end of the summer is almost here. I know many love the summer months but autumn is my absolute favourite. All of the spooky movies. Pumpkin spice everything. Cooler weather. Cozy blankets and delicious smelling candles. September through December is normally my favourite time of year.

By the time August ends Starbucks will have pumpkin spice lattes back in stores, and all of the Halloween stuff will have started appearing on shelves! I cannot wait. My apologizes to those mourning the upcoming end of summer.

Before sharing what I hope to read this month I have to recap July first.

The books that were on my list are:

Movie Star by Lizzie Pepper by Hilary Liftin (goodreads)
Conversations With Friends by Sally Rooney (goodreads)
I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll (goodreads)
Five Little Indians by Michelle Good (goodreads)

Plus I had some ebooks on my list:

Animal by Lisa Taddeo (goodreads)
One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston (goodreads)
Darling by K Ancrum (goodreads)
Isn't It Bromantic by Lyssa Kay Adams (goodreads)
If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy (goodreads)

Here is what I managed to read in June:

Five Little Indians by Michelle Good (goodreads)
The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth (goodreads)
If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy (goodreads)
Isn't It Bromantic by Lyssa Kay Adams (goodreads)

I managed to get in four books this month. I have been working a different shift at work and it has majorly cut into my reading time. Thankfully, I'll be going to a shift that is more like my regular one soon and I hope that equals more reading time.
 
My #PopCultureResolution book for July was Survive the Night by Riley Sager. The movie was Frailty. I reviewed the movie and the book if you are interested in checking them out. 

Here is what I hope to read in August:


It Happened One Summer by Tessa Bailey (goodreads)
Movie Star by Lizzie Pepper by Hilary Liftin (goodreads)
Conversations With Friends by Sally Rooney (goodreads)
I Am Watching You by Teresa Driscoll (goodreads)

I also have some ebooks I am hoping to get to:


56 Days by Catherine Ryan Howard (goodreads)
The Anatomy of Desire by L.R. Dorn (goodreads)
The Final Girls Support Group by Grady Hendrix (goodreads)

My #PopCultureResolution picks for this month are The Golden Cage by Camilla Lackberg (called The Gilded Cage here) and Ready or Not. I am expecting a fun campy vibe for Ready or Not and I am excited to read my first Camilla Lackberg novel.

Next up is an update on my two reading challenges:

August's pick for my '12 friends, 12 books' reading challenge is The Grace Year by Kim Leggitt so I'll be getting to that at some point this month. I am also going to read The Song of Achilles since my library copy did not come in on time.

Jan - The Seven Husband's of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid (Kelly)

Feb - 
The Birthday List by Deveny Perry (Emilie)

Mar - Mouthful of Forevers by Clementine Von Radics (Ciara)

April - Marriage for One by Ella Maise (Katie)

May - Written In The Stars by Alexandria Bellefleur (Christy)

June -  The Miseducation of Cameron Post by Emily M Danforth (Christa)

July - The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller (Jess)

August -  The Grace Year by Kim Leggitt (Christa)

Sept - Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (Meaghan)

Oct -   Among the Beasts and Briars by Ashley Poston (Katrina)

Nov - Give Me Your Hand by Megan Abbott (Kim)

Dec - Lillian Boxfish Takes a Walk by Kathleen Rooney (Julia)

As for the reading challenge inspired by The Bachelor I have a few to scratch off my list!

1. Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant
2. If The Shoe Fits by Julie Murphy
3. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
4. Further to Fall by Catherine Cowles
5. One Last Stop by Casey McQuiston
6. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams
7. My Favorite Souvenir by Penelope Ward and Vi Keeland
8. Kate in Waiting by Becky Albertalli
9. Marriage for One by Ella Maise
10. Exit Plans for Teenage Freaks by Nathan Burgoine
11. Realm Breaker by Victoria Aveyard
12. Open Book by Jessica Simpson
13. Isn't it Bromantic? by Lyssa Kay Adams

What books are you reading this month? Have you read any of the ones on my list? If so, let me know what you thought in the comments.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...