Friday, August 27, 2021

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every week. 

MOVIES/TELEVISION

The Power of the Dog poster

Oscar season is almost upon us as all of the big fall festival start very soon with the Venice Film Festival kicking off September 1. As a result we are getting a lot of Oscar buzz movies starting their advertising campaign. 

We just got our first look at The Power of the Dog with both this poster and a teaser trailer.


Benedict Cumberbatch is said to give an incredible performance and I feel this poster captures the essence of what I heard the book this is based on is about.

Spencer Poster

Everyone has been eager to get their first look at Kristen Stewart as Princess Diana in Spencer. The first teaser released and they also revealed this AMAZING poster.


The poster is amazing! I love how simple and yet how eye catching it is.    

The Power of the Dog trailer

The teaser trailer for this has made me so tense. It doesn't really give much away in terms of performance (but I am already keeping my eye on Kodi Smit-McPhee for a Supporting Actor nomination) but you can tell Benedict Cumberbatch is going to a memorable performance.


The whistling is unsettling. He looks menacing and he hasn't delivered a single word of dialogue. I cannot wait to see more. The cinematography is beautiful and I think this is going to amazing on the big screen. 

Spencer Trailer

Kristen Stewart delivers two words of dialogue but it appears she's captured Diana's accent. This is from the same director as the movie Jackie (with Natalie Portman) and I think you can see that in the trailer. 


I cannot wait to learn more about this movie as well. I have read that it takes place during the time in which Diana decided to divorce Charles but otherwise I don't know much about the plot of the movie. I am looking forward to finding out more.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...