Friday, September 30, 2011

The End of Mara Dyer Week.


Here we are, the last day of Mara Week. It’s gone so fast.

Now that I have gotten you all excited and hopefully some of you have decided to devour book 1, my sights are already on book 2.

The book left me with so many questions, and I am going to try to write down what I want answered in book 2 without giving anything away.

This may end up being a very vague, very incoherent post, but hopefully I can make it work.

Things I want more of -

Kissing. Lots and lots of kissing.
Noah Shaw, Noah Shaw, and Noah Shaw
More dark and twisty scenes
Mara’s sense of humour and sarcastic remarks. LOVE THEM
More of Mara’s friend Jamie. He is awesome, and needs to be around MUCH more
MORE ANSWERS!! *see below*
The paranormal element. I just want more details, more everything when it comes to it. We get a few, and I am sure we’re going to get even more with the second book.
Did I mention Noah Shaw already?


Questions I hope are answered -

The end- I didn’t see it coming. It opens up a MILLION questions. The impact on the characters is going to be felt for the rest of the series, and I am anxious to find out what it means. I have my suspicions but I have a feeling I am going to be totally wrong (and I will love it).

Noah Shaw - *sigh* I can’t help but think our dear Noah has a lot he is not telling Mara. I am hoping some of the questions I want Mara to ask him get answered. We learn some about him, but he seems like a guy with plenty more to tell. There is also that whole “love ‘em and leave ‘em” reputation that he has that Mara may (and should) have more questions about. His whole background is a mystery and I want to know more.

Noah has a necklace that is mentioned in the novel a few times. Is it important? Or am I reading way too much into it?

The accident - yes, we find out quite a bit about the accident and what happened that night. I still think there is more to uncover and more answers that Mara may need to really figure things out. Will Mara’s search for answers take her back to the scene of the accident?

Has anything like this happened previously (the accident, the events afterwards)? I am wondering if there may be others with similar stories.

So there are just some of the questions I am looking forward to having answered. If you have read the book chime in and let me know what you are most looking forward to during book 2 (spoiler free please or email directly if spoilers). Shall we start a support group to help us with the wait?

Thank you all for stopping by, be sure to enter the contest, and a big thank you to Michelle Hodkin for being as supportive of this week as she’s been, and for that awesome interview.

4 comments:

  1. OH PHEW. I read that you were going to write down your book 2 hopes and quickly squinted my eyes incase spoilers were present haha. I should know better and trust you! <3

    Hee! I haven't even read the first and I know I definitely want more Kissing and Noah :D

    How is it possible you're making me impatient for book two already? Sigh. It's been an awesome week, Kathy!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want more Noah!!!! He's awesome!!

    I have a lot of the same questions as you. I hope we do see answers to them in the next book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, just became aware of your blog through Google,
    and found that it's really informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I will appreciate if you continue this in future. Many people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!
    Here is my page ... mac baren

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...