Thursday, February 18, 2021

Predicting Five Star Reads

 

I have seen a lot of posts on Twitter talking about predicting which upcoming releases might be five star reads for yourself. I love this and it immediately got me thinking of which upcoming books I think will be five star reads for me.

I decided to share the three books that immediately came to mind. This was actually harder than I thought it would be. There had to be something extra than just excitement for me to predict this. It may have been previous experience with the author or something in the synopsis that made a deeper impact.

1. Malibu Rising by Taylor Jenkins Reid (goodreads)

Why I Think It'll Be A Five Star Read:

The previous two novels from Taylor Jenkins Reid have cemented her as one of my favourite authors. I loved both Daisy Jones and the Six and The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and rated them both five stars so I feel confident that her 80s story of a group of siblings throwing a party in which a lot of drama ensues will also become a favourite. 

2. Survive The Night by Riley Sager (goodreads)

Why I Think It'll Be A Five Star Read:

This book not only has movie references (seemingly many classic Hollywood related) but it also seems to be written for those with an interest in true crime. The main character may be traveling with a serial killer. I have enjoyed the previous Riley Sager books I have read and have it on good authority (my friend Kelly) that this is one very good. 

3. All These Bodies by Kendare Blake (goodreads)

Why I Think It'll Be A Five Star Read:

I have rated every book I have read from Kendare Blake either 4 or 5 stars. I love her writing and am very much looking forward to her newest that has been referred to as a 'fictional In Cold Blood'. Not only do I have a good track record with this author's previous book but the synopsis definitely appeals to me.

What books would be on your own five star prediction list? I am definitely eager to see what everyone else is anticipating. Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...