Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Waiting on Wednesday .... Fresh

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pick is Fresh by Margot Wood


Here is the Goodreads synopsis
A hilarious and vulnerable coming-of-age story about the thrilling new experiences––and missteps––of a girl's freshman year of college

Some students enter their freshman year of college knowing exactly what they want to do with their lives. Elliot McHugh is not one of those people. But picking a major is the last thing on Elliot’s mind when she’s too busy experiencing all that college has to offer—from dancing all night at off-campus parties, to testing her RA Rose’s patience, to making new friends, to having the best sex one can have on a twin-sized dorm room bed. But she may not be ready for the fallout when reality hits. When the sex she’s having isn’t that great. When finals creep up and smack her right in the face. Or when her roommate’s boyfriend turns out to be the biggest a-hole. Elliot may make epic mistakes, but if she’s honest with herself (and with you, dear reader), she may just find the person she wants to be. And maybe even fall in love in the process . . . Well, maybe. 
Most young adult book fans know Margot Wood from her time at Harper Collins/Epic Reads. Her sense if humour and love of books help create a fun community. Needless to say I was pretty excited when I heard she had written a book.

I was immediately sold on Fresh when I heard it was set in college and that it was going to have elements of breaking the fourth wall within it. I was even more excited that Margot was the writer because I knew it meant it would have her sense of humour.

This releases in the summer and it sounds like a fantastic choice for your beach read.

Expected release date - August 3, 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...