Thursday, February 18, 2021

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every week. 

It's been too long since I have posted a Weekly Obsessions post. There hasn't been a lot being announced, and everything was getting pushed back and delayed. I am restarting this because we've been getting more announcements lately and I have hope that with a vaccine being rolled out and things being released to streaming that this trend might continue.

I have decided to shift this post to Fridays to close out the week!

We've got some fun things coming up and I am very excited to share what has me most excited this week.

BOOKS

Birds of California by Katie Cotugno (goodreads)

I was really excited when I heard that Katie Cotugno was releasing her first adult novel. I was even more excited when I read the synopsis because it is definitely something I am desperate to read.


It sounds amazing and it is going to be a long wait for summer 2022 when I can get my hands on it!

MOVIES/TELEVISION

Cruella trailer

Disney's villains are iconic and are just as popular as their other characters so I was not surprised when it was announced that they were going to do a live action movie detailing the origin story of Cruella from 101 Dalmatians. 

Emma Stone stars as a younger Cruella and based on this trailer she has nailed the part.


Her laugh is perfection. It reminds me so much of the one from the original animated movie and I love all of the fashion that is showcased here. I am also entirely here for them making her a villain right from the beginning. It doesn't seem like they are going to offer a sympathetic backstory (at least from this trailer). 

It's scheduled to be released in May. No word on if it'll be a theatrical release, or offered on Disney+ as part of their 'Premier Access' releases. 

Cruella Poster

Along with the trailer they also released a few posters that are amazing.


Excellent use of Cruella's black, red, and white colour palette. This particular poster was my favourite of the two they released. 

OTHER

WandaVision Funko

I cannot be the only one completely obsessed with WandaVision. I've been eagerly awaiting the release of each episode on Disney+ each Friday and have so many theories.

I am loving the inclusion of Evan Peters in the show and absolutely need this particular Funko!


It's from the Halloween episode which was one of my favourite so far and I think there is much more to be discovered both in the show in general and this character in particular. 

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...