Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Interview with Wendy Higgins

Today I am welcoming Wendy Higgins to the blog for a Q & A. Her novel, Sweet Evil, will be released by Harper Collins on May 1st. To learn more about Sweet Evil be sure to visit the Goodreads page. You can also follow Wendy on Twitter and visit her website.



Describe your book in 3 words

Sensual, dark, and tender

How would Anna describe Kai?

Sexy. Confusing. Tortured. Did I mention sexy?


What drew you to fallen angels?

Angel lore is fascinating to me, especially the idea that angels are capable of revolt. The whole “good vs. evil” thing captures me every time.


Is there anything unique or different about your angel mythology?

I think the big difference in my story is that I’ve chosen to use the traditional Biblical approach to angels, including mentions of God & Lucifer, which I realize might take some readers out of their comfort zone. I’m hoping people can keep in mind that it’s a work of fiction and appreciate the twist I’ve put on it.

Did you do any specific research for your novel?

I researched angel and demon names and what legends say about their power and purpose. I also had to research a lot for the cross-country trip, making certain I got the timing and locations correct.


What are your top three books about angels?

To be honest, I purposely shy away from angel books. I don’t want to be swayed by what is or isn’t in them. I did read Unearthly after I’d finished drafting, and I really enjoyed it. I also recently adored The Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

7 If you listen to music while writing, is there a particular song that describes Sweet Evil?

Oh, man, I’ve got a whole playlist! I think my marketers *might* be adding the playlist to the Amazon page. “My First Kiss” by 3OH3, Feat. Ke$ha is the fun road-trip song that comes to mind at the moment.

If you could go back in time to any time period and any place, where and when would you travel to?

Probably Elizabethan or Victorian England, when women wore elaborate dresses…although the corsets would get really old after awhile.

What has been the most surprising part of getting published?

Every single stage has surprised me. I’ve been surprised by what little control authors have in the process, and how long everything takes, lol. Thankfully I’ve learned to trust HarperTeen. I’ve also been surprised by how amazingly supportive the blogging and online community of readers has been. Love you guys! Thanks for having me!

Wendy's novel happens to have a super sexy cover and I have a few signed

bookmarks showcasing it. I am giving one away with the 2 prize packs being offered during the event, and I am also giving one away with this interview.


To enter simply leave a comment and I will select a winner on April 15.

8 comments:

  1. YAY WENDY!!! :D I already have an awesome bookmark, but I just wanted to say that. WHOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about this book. I'm looking forward to reading it! May 1st is going to be a huge pub day for YA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd go back and visit the french revolution. Love the cover, and cannot wait to read this.

    Vivien
    deadtossedwaves at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice interview - sounds like a great book. Anything with Angels is always interesting to me. Can't wait to read it. Thanks for the give-away.
    Julie
    riveroftimefan(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great interview, Wendy! Can't wait for May 1st!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interview! I cannot wait to read Sweet Evil! I've been following it since its early days on Inkpop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interview Kathy! This book looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Interview! Totally can't wait for Sweet Evil :D :D :D EEEPPPP <3
    I'm a new follower and thanks for the amazing giveaway!

    Rabiah
    iliveforreading AT hotmail DOT com
    Confessions of a Readaholic

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...