Sunday, April 29, 2012

New To My Book Closet

In light of recent events, I have decided to no longer do In My Mailbox. I am still going to be posting a weekly recap of books and other goodies that made their way into my home. It is, of course, inspired by The Story Siren's In My Mailbox post, as she came up with the original meme.

I decided to call it New To My Book Closet for now. As some of you may know, my cat Aria likes to eat books. She's crazy. As a result I have to put my books in a closet or she destroys them. I have an entire closet that is just for books so here is where I will highlight what is new to them this week.

Moving on to what joined the other books in my book closet this week. I won a contest Fiona Paul was hosting called "Where in the World is Venom?". Super fun scavenger hunt of sorts. She provided clues to a location where an ARC of Venom was hidden. I ended up being the first person to guess correctly and was sent an amazing prize pack. All my goodies this week are from that one prize pack. Thank you Fiona for hosting, and I can't wait to start Venom!




In the package were three books

Venom by Fiona Paul (goodreads)
Thou Shall Not Road Trip by Antony John (goodreads)
Perception by Kim Harrington (goodreads)

Other goodies include The Hunger Games soundtrack (!!!!), 2 Hunger Games bracelets, Godiva chocolate bar (milk chocolate and strawberry and it's awesome), Angry Bird gummies, cute stickers, and PEZ.

A huge thank you to Fiona for the contest and the amazing prize pack.

I also have an e-galley book for review


Timepiece by Myra McEntire (goodreads)

Thank you Egmont USA for letting me review this. Super excited to start it. 

So let me know what awesome things you got this week in the comment section! 

10 comments:

  1. Can't wait to start TIMEPIECE. HOURGLASS was one of my favorites of 2011 and I'm dying to find out how it continues. I seriously went a little bit crazy when I saw it on NetGalley. :D

    Also YAY! for such an awesome and generous prize package. Everything looks sooo pretty. :D

    Happy reading and a lovely week!
    Carina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thou Shall Not Road Trip sounds like it could be fun!

    I don't have any new books this week, but maybe next time!

    ~Ailsa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pile! I read Perception recently and enjoyed it very much; I hope you will, too! Oh, and Angry Birds fruit gummies! I've never really tasted one but the pack looks so cute. Haha! Hope you'll enjoy your books! <3

    Happy reading!
    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  4. And here I was angry that my cat Maverick likes to eat toilet paper and potatoes. I'd be WAY MORE angry if he liked to eat books.

    I love your post and I hope you enjoy your reads :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cover for Venom!! Angry Birds gummies!! LOL! Too cute!!! :)

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    Michele | Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finished Timepiece yesterday and it was so good! I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  7. *giggles* Your crazy book-eating cat is both hilarious and adorable haha.

    OMG I saw Fiona tweet that you won Venom! I was both ridiculously happy for you and cursing you in jealousy :P SO excited to see how you like it. What an fantastic prize pack to win! (especially including THG soundtrack!).

    Ooh I need to read Clarity soon, especially since I've seen people make comparions to Veronica Mars.

    Super awesome week, hope you enjoy your goodies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG Hunger Games sountrack....Squeeee! I have been obsessed with the movie since you got me into the book!

    Amy <3 :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Hunger Games soundtrack!! I really need to read Hourglass so that I can start Timepiece!! Enjoy all your awesome new books and goodies this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...