Thursday, April 19, 2012

Friday Hops!


Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted Parajunkee and Alison Can Read. It's a great way to meet new blogger friends. This weeks question is:

Q: Fight! Fight! If you could have two fictional characters battle it out (preferably from books), who would they be and who do you think would win?

Hmmm....how about two people capable of amazing magic. Voldemort vs Gandalf. I think it might be a pretty epic showdown. I am not sure who would win, I would hope Gandalf though.


TGIF at GReads! is a weekly blog hop hosted by Ginger from GReads

This weeks question is

Book Blogger Influences: Has there been a particular book blogger who's influenced what you read? Share with us a review/book blog that convinced you to pick up a certain book.

I am so easily influenced to pick up a book. I add books all the time due to people raving about them.

Here are some of the bloggers who have turned me on to new books

Christy @ The Reader Bee

I adore Christy's reviews, and there have been numerous books that I have wanted to grab after reading them. I love talking about books with her and we tend to have the same taste. Her review style is wonderful  and she highlights the important parts....like the hotness of the kissing :)

Brodie @ Eleusinian Mysteries

Brodie's reviews are EPIC! Her enthusiasm for certain books (Storm for one) has made me add more books that I can count to my ever growing reading pile. If you haven't read her review for Insurgent or Storm...do so immediately.

Kelly @ KellyVision

Kelly's review of I Hunt Killers literally made me run and get the book! I am dying to read it after her super amazing review for it! Kelly writes thoughtful, and insightful reviews that tend to make me want to read even more books.

Evie @ Bookish

Evie's reviews tend to make me chuckle. Her humour is an amazing part to her reviews. When she really loves a book she will make you want to read it for sure, and when she doesn't....well she's equally compelling the other way as well.

Happy Weekend!

19 comments:

  1. Excellent choices!

    New GFC Follower

    http://gizmosreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature-follow-friday-04192012.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopping through. I'd hope Gandalf would win since Voldie is so evil.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gandalf and Voldie! Great choice!

    New follower!
    The Sagacity Quest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I'm new here! Found you on Follow me Friday... on the Hop thingy. I just thought I'd stop by and let you know I'm following. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I LOVE your blog! That might also be because I love wine also. HA HA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! Voldemort vs Gandalf would definitely make for an interesting fight!!

    Thanks for including me in your list! I'm so very glad we are book buddies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm, that's an interesting one!

    Old follower!

    My Follow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good choice!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/feature.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I agree with your conclusion. :D

    Here's my Follow Friday! New follower!

    Bonnie @ Sweet Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, Voldemord and Gandalf? :'DDD Too good to be true.

    Patricia // My FF

    ReplyDelete
  11. Voldy vs. Gandalf. i'm voting for Gandalf.

    Old Follower

    check mine here

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm Voldemort vs. Gandalf... I'd hope Gandalf would wipe the floor with Voldy but I'm not sure either, who'd come out victorious.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would root for Gandalf!!! OMG these are such great picks. New follower via GFC :)

    Here is my #FF post "Click Here"

    Kayla @ Reading On The Wild Side

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think Voldemort is going to win.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/hosted-by-parajunkees-view-alison-can.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate to say it but Voldemort has the edge. Great header btw :)

    Happy FF on a Saturday - New GFC follower, too

    Renee Succotash Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm ashamed to admit I've never read or watched LoTR :S But I don't really want Voldy to win, because he's kind of an ass, so GANDALF FTW!!

    Awwww Kathy! You're seriously giving me the warm and fuzzies. Hehe, I'm glad my enthusiasm for Storm is working... one COULD call it persistant nagging, but I like the word 'enthusiasm' better :D

    I LOVE YOU! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. This would be such an Epic battle!! I'd like to think that Gandalf the White could hold his own. I mean after the Balrog and all, how can he fail?

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwww~! You included me on your blog influences list!!! *touched* Thank you, darling! I love your reviews, too! Which you can probably tell from all the over-excited comments I leave you here :D
    I'm gonna go check out Christy's site. I'm sure I've seen it before, but don't think I actually spent more time looking through it! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...