Friday, May 8, 2015

#HelloFrom Ottawa


You may have seen the #HelloFrom hashtag on Twitter being used to help celebrate Liza Wiemer's novel Hello?. It's a fantastic opportunity to bring the entire world together simply by saying hello.

Tricia: A girl struggling to find her way after her beloved grandma's death.

Emerson: A guy who lives his life to fulfill promises, real and hypothetical.

Angie: A girl with secrets she can only express through poetry.

Brenda: An actress and screenplay writer afraid to confront her past.

Brian: A potter who sets aside his life for Tricia, to the detriment of both.

Linked and transformed by one phone call, Hello? weaves together these five Wisconsin teens' stories into a compelling narrative of friendship and family, loss and love, heartbreak and healing, serendipity, and ultimately hope.
The novel is already receiving some pretty amazing blurbs, including one from yours truly, but here is what some other people had to say about it:

"A triumph of writing and humanity...the characters stayed with me long after I read the book." 

—Huntley Fitzpatrick, author of The Boy Most Likely To, What I Thought Was True, and My Life Next Door

"Heartfelt and honest, Hello? will have you rooting for its characters until the very last page." 

—Heather Demetrios, author of I’ll Meet You There and Something Real

"In her YA debut, Liza Wiemer has officially launched herself on the map with grace. Hello? is a powerful and brilliantly woven story of love, loss, and human connection that makes you believe in the world again. It owned my heart from the first page to the last. One of the most original books EVER.”

—Hannah McBride, The Irish Banana

Before I share a special #HelloFrom some of the bloggers in Ottawa, here is a little more about the event, and how you can get involved.


If you take part in the event you'll be eligible to win some pretty amazing sounding prizes! 20 lucky people will randomly be selected from all over the world to win prize packages that include items inspired by Hello?. Many were purchased from artists/stores from Door Country, WI, the setting for the novel. 

Prizes such as:
You can find out more by visiting Liza's website, following her on Twitter, and be sure to add Hello? to your Goodreads account.
About Liza

Liza married the guy who literary swept her off her feet at a Spyro Gyra concert. Their love story can be found on Liza's “About” page. Besides being a die-hard Packer fan, Liza is also a readaholic, a romantic, and a lover of crazy socks and rooftops. Hello? is her debut YA novel. She also has had two adult non-fiction books published, as well as stories and articles in various publications. She's a graduate of UW-Madison with a degree in Education and the mother of two sons.
Now here is a #HelloFrom the Ottawa bloggers! A huge thank you the lovely ladies for being in the photo!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I have tears in my eyes!!! I am so blown away by that photo!!! This is just incredible! I am so, so, so touched! I wish I could HUG ALL OF YOU!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU! xx (And yes, I know that is a lot of exclamation marks, but WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a nice concept! This is new for me but I like it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...