Thursday, December 10, 2015

2016 Most Anticipated - The Female of the Species



This next book only has minimal details available at the moment, but those details are certainly enough to make me desperate to get my hands on this as soon as possible.


The Goodreads link is up for this one, but without an official synopsis attached. This one was mentioned in passing by Mindy on her blog and that is the only description we have. She's described it as ...
a rape-revenge vigilante justice contemporary
That was enough to make me want to include it in this event, and Mindy kindly agreed to answer a few questions in which she shares a little bit more about the book!

1 Describe The Female Of The Species using only three words. 

rape revenge contemporary 

2 If someone were to make a signature drink in honour of your book, what might be included? 

Oh man, that's a hard one. It's set in a very rural, poor town so I would think any cheap beer you can name off the top of your head is a good fit.

3 Let us in on one secret about one of your characters, or the world they inhabit. 

Each of my characters has a very different lifestyle, and each of them really believes that what they are doing is not necessarily wrong, yet they can be at odds with each other. 

4 You've described this novel as a 'rape-revenge vigilante justice contemporary'. Did you do any research for this novel and if so what was the most surprising thing you discovered. 

I did a lot of disturbing research for this book, mostly about body decomposition, destruction of evidence, etc. I have a friend who has been in law enforcement for years and now teaches criminology, and he was a huge help to me a in a lot of ways. The most surprising thing I discovered? How easy it would be to commit a crime and get away with it.

5 If you could travel to anywhere, in any time period, when and where would you want travel? 

I would want to be in my own backyard one thousand years ago. There were mastodons In Ohio at one time, which is an amazing thought. There were also native cultures here that we know virtually nothing about, like the Hopewell - a name we arbitrarily assigned to them because we don't even know what they were called. 

6 What 2016 release are you most anticipating? 

I haven't read the first one yet, but I can tell you for sure that I'm already dying for the sequel to Rae Carson's WALK ON EARTH A STRANGER.

7. If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of The Female Of The Species.

This is how I kill someone.

The Female Of The Species will release in Fall 2016. Pre-order links are not currently available, so be sure to add it to your Goodreads so you remember to snag a copy when it becomes available.

You can also follow Mindy on Twitter, visit her official website, and find out more about her books on the publisher website.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to find out the next book that made this year's list!

A you a fan of darker contemporary novels? Are there authors whose books you'll immediately add to your list because you've enjoyed their previous books? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...