Monday, December 21, 2015

2016 Most Anticipated - Heartless, Caraval and Glass Sword



As an end to the Most Anticipated of 2016 feature I am offering a round up of a few titles that are on my radar and should really be on yours, too.

These are titles that make me feel extremely lucky for the wealth of amazing books that are about to come our way in the new year.

I have chosen three to highlight and will provide a few reasons I am looking forward to each of them!

Heartless by Marissa Meyer (goodreads)

This one seems like an obvious pick. Pretty sure everyone is anticipating this. Here are my reasons for needing to get my hands on this magical retelling!

1 This is Alice in Wonderland before Alice drops in. It's al about how the Queen of Hearts becomes the Queen of Hearts that we know from the classic tale.

2 There is a character named Jest whom I have heard is very swoon worthy!

3 Some beloved Alice in Wonderland characters are said to make an appearance. Here is hoping we see Mad Hatter, Cheshire Cat, and more!

4 It's Marissa Meyer. We know she'll deliver a fantastic retelling and completely make us fall in love with the characters.

Caraval by Stephanie Garber (goodreads)

1 The Hollywood Reporter deal announcement. Hype is already strong for this one!

2 The focus being on a sibling relationship. I love that two sisters are the main focus.

3 Everything about Roshani Chokshi's Goodreads review has me VERY excited to read it.

4 Caraval itself. It's being compared to The Night Circus and that setting was so vivid. The idea of a setting just as magical has me really excited AND the game itself has my curiosity piqued. 

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard (goodreads)

1 The ending to Red Queen. That ending pretty much ensures you'll NEED to get your hands on Glass Sword. I need to know what happens next.

2 The continued expansion of the incredible world Victoria Aveyard has crafted. The hint that there are more people like Mare possibly out there, and that they may try to find them has me really excited.

3 Without spoilers for Red Queen.. one of the things that make me MOST excited to read this is finding out more about the characters and their motivations after certain events that happened. Are things what they seem, or does that betrayal have other layers to it? Cannot wait to find out.

4 This video! Victoria basically gives us three reasons to get Glass Sword and I agree with all of them! I cannot wait to meet these new characters she mentions!


This officially closes the 2016 Most Anticipated event on the blog! However, be sure to stop by tomorrow to see how you can win one of the books I've featured, an ARC of A Criminal Magic, and some fun swag!

What is your own most anticipated novel of 2016? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...