Friday, December 4, 2015

2016 Most Anticipated - The Unexpected Everything



The 2016 Most Anticipated Event continues with a novel that promises summertime feelings, and a delightful sounding premise by one of my favourite authors. Interviewing her made me flail more than a little.


This Goodreads synopsis will immediately make Morgan Matson fans *NEED* this book, while those who have never read her will be just as eager to get their hands on it.
Andie had it all planned out.

When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.

Important internship? Check.

Amazing friends? Check.

Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks)

But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.

Because here’s the thing - if everything's planned out, you can never find the unexpected.

And where’s the fun in that? 
How cute is that cover?! I am not sure what I love more - the ice cream or the puppies! It's a cover that fits with the synopsis and immediately makes you smile.

Morgan kindly answered some questions and in the process made me fangirl the heck out, and has made me even more desperate to get my hands on this one.

1 Twitter pitch The Unexpected Everything (140 characters or less). 

Andie’s summer plans are turned upside-down when her congressman father is caught up in a scandal. But she soon learns that amazing adventures - and love - can come from embracing the unexpected. 

2 If someone were to make a signature ice cream in honour of your book, what might be included? 

Cookie dough, rainbow sprinkles, and peanut brittle. 

3 Let us in on one secret about one of your characters, or the world they inhabit. 

Andie’s the first super-confident girl I’ve written. It was a challenge - but also a nice change of pace - to write a girl who didn’t need to be brought out of her shell, one who thought she knew all the answers already….and then everything she learns when she finds out she doesn’t.

4 Your novels invoke the feeling of summer. Road trips, long summer days and time at the beach. Will The Unexpected Everything continue this tradition? 

You bet! It takes place over a summer, in the same town as Since You’ve Been Gone…and you might notice characters from past books making an appearance. 

5 If you could travel to anywhere, in any time period, when and where would you want travel? 

That’s such a great question.  Either Hollywood during the studio system, the Riviera in the 20s, or England in the 30s. 

6 What 2016 release are you most anticipating? 

I cannot WAIT to get my hands on Siobhan Vivian’s The Last Boy and Girl in the World.

7. If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of The Unexpected Everything. 

Oh I WISH I could! But I can’t quite yet! I’m sorry!!!

Um.... anyone else just fangirl over the tease that we may see PREVIOUS characters in this book?! *hopes for a Frank Porter cameo*. I volunteer to travel back to studio system Hollywood with you, Morgan (side note - can you please write a novel set in studio system Hollywood?! PLEASE!).

The Unexpected Everything releases May 3, 2016 and can be pre-ordered right now from any retailer.


You can also follow Morgan on Twitter, visit her official website, and find out more about her books on the publisher website.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to find out the next book that made this year's list!

What's your favourite Morgan Matson book? If you haven't read any yet (FIX THIS IMMEDIATELY) what is your favourite part of books that remind you of summertime? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...