Saturday, August 11, 2012

New To My Book Closet

It's that time of the week again. Time to show you what bookish goodies made their way into my home and book closet (to be saved from the evil book eating cat monster named Aria). This is inspired by the various "mailbox" posts out there (eg. In My Mailbox by The Story Siren, and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews).

This week is filled with library books and an amazing title thanks to Katherine at The Lady Critic's Library.

Starting off with my library books


Savages by Don Winslow (goodreads)
Dare Me by Megan Abbott (goodreads)
The Dressmaker by Kate Alcott (goodreads)

I am curious about Savages and hope to get around to reading it. I have been hearing good things about The Dressmaker and I do enjoy anything set on the Titanic. Dare Me was a title I missed out on at BEA and was eager to pick it up when it came free at my library.

I have two other books. One I purchased and the other was lent to me by Katherine.


The Perks Of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (goodreads)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (goodreads)

I am very excited about the movie coming out and decided to read the book before it's release. I usually do not like movie poster book covers, but I happen to LOVE this one. I am reading this right now and am almost done. Not really sure how I feel at this point, but a review will be up this coming week.

I may have squealed when I found out Katherine had a copy of this. I am reading it as soon as I catch up on one or two more books (so basically this weekend). Cinder was amazing so I am excited to see what happens next. A huge thank you to her for lending it to me!

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

4 comments:

  1. OMG. YOU GOT SCARLET!!! LUCKY GIRL! So excited to see what you think!

    Ooh and The Dressmaker is set on Titanic? Definitely interested in reading it now. Interested to read your review on The Perks of Being a Wallflower! Looking forward to the movie.

    Awesoeme haul - enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection! I've never heard of The Dressmaker before, but I've added it to my TBR pile - it looks really good! I'll be interested to see what you think of it.

    I re-read The Perks of Being a Wallflower recently, and even on my second time through I'm not honestly sure how I feel about it!

    Enjoy reading them all!
    My books this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. SCARLET!?! Aaaah, I am so, so jealous now. :D You need to read this ASAP, so you can tell me whether it's as awesome as CINDER... I'm dying to find out how this story continues!
    The other books look good, too, and I hope you'll enjoy them, too. AFTER you've read SCARLET. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dare Me looks good, hope you enjoy.
    Happy reading,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...