Sunday, August 19, 2012

Autumn Book Buzz

As summer comes to end my mind drifts to cooler evenings spent with warm tea and a good book. Luckily this year's Fall selection is better than ever. I have read a few Fall releases and offer some of my favourites that will have you reading long into the crisp autumn nights.

The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - release date of October 23


If you haven't read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, the first novel in this series, do so immediately. The sequel offers everything you loved in the first novel, and more. Dark, sexy, and decadent. Noah Shaw is sexier, the answers lead to more questions, and Mara is just as intriguing as ever. Michelle provides us with a ending that will leave you breathless for some Retribution.

Burn for Burn by Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian - release date of September 18


This delicious tale of teenage girls and revenge surprised me in the best way possible. Something in this story brings to mind the movie The Craft whenever I think of this book. It's not the witchcraft elements, but the bonding of the girls in search of vengeance for wrongs done to them, that causes the comparison. Revenge can have some unforeseen consequences however, and this story still has a few surprises in store.

The Diviners by Libba Bray - release date of September 18


Part murder mystery, part paranormal, and all awesome! This 1920's set novel has well developed characters, and amazing world building. It's creepy, it's cool and pos-i-tute-ly stunning. A dark and thrilling novel that you'll want to read with the lights on.

So there are three of my MUST read Autumn selections. All three blew me away and left me anticipating the next installments in the series.

What fall releases are you must looking forward to? Let me know in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Those all look really intriguing. Thanks for sharing them! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...