Friday, August 10, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Stephanie Perkins new book news

Stephanie announced that she has 2 new books with Penguin coming out after Isla and the Happily Ever After. The first novel is the only one we have details for and it's completely different from her previous novels and it sounds AWESOME. As per the publisher it is "a horror novel in the vein of the movie Scream in which a cadre of high school students are being stalked and attacked by a mysterious killer with no obvious motive"

Scream is a great, fun movie. It doesn't take itself seriously and points fun at the usual horror cliches. LOVE THIS. I bet Stephanie's will blend horror with humour and some sexiness.  I am very excited about this and can't wait for other details (eg title, cover, etc).

cover of Game (Jasper Dent #2) by Barry Lyga


I really liked I Hunt Killers. Jasper Dent is so chilling, so charming and fascinating! I hope this sequel delivers everything I loved in the first book, and more. I happen to also like this cover. If you haven't already be sure to add it to your Goodreads to be read list.

cover and synopsis for Truth or Dare by Jacqueline Green


I have not heard much about this book, but I knew I wanted to read it when I saw the cover! It totally reminds me of the opening sequence for the TV show Pretty Little Liars. The Goodreads synopsis also sounds amazing and I can't wait for this one to be released in 2013.

TV

Once Upon A Time season 2

I can not believe I have yet to include this. I heard about it awhile ago. I am a huge Peter Pan fan so this video made me extra excited.



So Hook is for sure part of season 2 of this addictive show. I am hoping that means we will get to see Peter, Wendy, and Tinkerbell as well. I am counting down until the fall TV season starts....really missing my shows!

MOVIE

The Mortal Instruments movie cast

The casting for the movie is complete and I can now freak out over the unbelievable actors they have lined up.

The last big announcement was the casting of Valentine (who is the the villain) and it tipped my excitement to epic levels. Jonathan Rhys Meyers will be portraying the cold, dangerous and cunning Shadow Hunter.

The rest of the cast is also very happy making with Kevin Zegers lined up to play Alec Lightwood, and Aiden Turner set to play Luke. They join the already large cast. There is a movie website already set up and the full casting details are provided there if you are curious.

So what you are obsessed with this week?

1 comment:

  1. EEEEEEEE. I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT STEPHANIE PERKINS NEW BOOKS! Add the fact that it's a teen slasher and I've just drooled every drop of moisture from my body :D

    I so so so need to read I Hunt Killers, hopefully before the sequel is out! Truth or Dare sounds fantastic too, I just added it to GR!

    ONCE UPON A TIME. The first season has just about finished airing here in Aus, second last ep tonight and the finale tomorrow. So I'm caught up on rewatching and ready for some HOOK.

    While I'm not a big fan of TMI books, I'm quite excited to see how the movie turns out... and... uh... ESPECIALLY now with the news that Jonathan Rhys Meyers has been cast. Mmmhmm :D

    Awesome round up, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...