Friday, August 24, 2012

Weekly Obsessions

The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week:

BOOKS

Trailer for Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel

**SPOILERS FOR THIS DARK ENDEAVOUR**



I loved This Dark Endeavour and I am just starting Such Wicked Intent right now. A captivating prequel to the Frankenstein story that will leave you dying for more. This also happens to be written by a Canadian author (so total bonus points).

Cover of Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black


Not only does the synopsis sound amazing, but this cover.....STUNNING. I just stumbled upon the cover this week and it's so pretty!

OTHER

Sears Christmas Wishbook

The excitement for Christmas when I was younger started when Sears (a department store here in Canada) published their annual Christmas catalog. The Sears Christmas Wishbook comes out around this time every year and I would rush to look through it for ideas to add to my Christmas list. A tradition that I have carried on with my nieces. I am excited to bring my freshly delivered copy to them so they can start creating their own lists. *Yes, I just said the dreaded "C" word (Christmas)*

Fall TV Season

With September being right around the corner I am starting to get antsy about my beloved TV shows coming back. The Vampire Diaries, Once Upon A Time, Dexter, and Revenge are some of the shows that I am looking forward to having back! After those season finales I am dying to see what happens next.

So what you are obsessed with this week?

3 comments:

  1. I stumbled across the cover of Dance of Shadows a few weeks ago, it was a little different then (without the clouds), but it's so gorgeous!

    Happy weekend :)
    Helene @ Helene's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I want to hug this cover and dance around my room with it. It's unfathomably gorgeous!

    C.J.
    Sarcasm&Lemons

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've really been craving something DIFFERENT to what I've been ploughing through lately, so thanks for reminding me I want to read This Dark Endeavour!! Glad to hear the prequel is just as fantastic.

    I LOVE the cover for Dance of Shadows, so gorgeous!! OMG. KATHY. YOU SAID CHRISTMAS. *shrinks away in horror* I can't believe it's nearly September already!! :o

    I AM SO EXCITED FOR THE NEW SEASON OF TV. I've been pining for Nikita, Once Upon A Time and Arrow. I'm going to give Revolution and Beauty and the Beast a go too, so fingers crossed with them. Except... too many shows, not enough time!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...