Saturday, August 4, 2012

New To My Book Closet

It's that time of the week again. Time to show you what bookish goodies made their way into my home and book closet (to be saved from the evil book eating cat monster named Aria). This is inspired by the various "mailbox" posts out there (eg. In My Mailbox by The Story Siren, and Stacking the Shelves by Tynga's Reviews).

So let's just call this mailbox the EPIC edition because I got the sequel to one of my favourite books of 2011 this past week!

Starting off with some books I got from the Ottawa Blogger meetup and book swap


Between the Lines by Jodi Picoult and Samantha Van Leer (goodreads)
The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova  (goodreads)

Some library books


Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta (goodreads)
The Jane Austen Marriage Manual by Kim Izzo (goodreads)

And lastly 2 eARCs for review


The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin (goodreads)
The Lost Prince by Julia Kagawa (goodreads)

A HUGE thank you to Simon and Schuster and Harlequin Teen for these 2 titles. I have read The Evolution of Mara Dyer and am pretty much obsessed. SO GOOD!

Happy Sunday and Happy Reading!

8 comments:

  1. So jealous you got the Evolution of Mara Dyer!! Can't wait for that one. And I LOVED Jellicoe Road! Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to read Between The Lines these past few weeks, I just need to find time to schedule it in. It sounds so good and I LOVE the illustrations! Oooh The Vicious Deep... can't wait to read your thoughts. And the Jellicoe Road! I seriously need to read some Melina Marchetta... the compulsory novel in high school so doesn't count.

    ASHJDFBDFJHVCNM. I THINK YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT MARA :P Ahhh so jealous, but I AM crazy happy for you. You're one of the biggest Mara Dyer fans I know, so if anyone desrves to read it early, it's you :D AND THE LOST FREAKING PRINCE. Have I mentioned I love HQT lately? Sooo excited to read Ethan's story. Damn, that boy is all grown up!

    Amazing haul this week. ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sooooo want to read THE EVOLUTION OF MARA DYER and am jealous you got to already. Is it as awesome as I'm expecting it to be? :D

    Happy reading, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw on twitter that you LOVED Mara, but I can not wait to read your review! I am reading The Lost Prince and so far it is very enjoyable. Between The Lines is a very cute read. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Great reads!!! Looking forward to seeing what you think of Between the Lines :) I also hear Jellicoe Road is supposed to be really good!

    About 1/4 into Unbecoming of Mara Dyer.. liking it so far! :D

    Thanks for stopping by Kathy!

    Michele | Stacking the Shelves | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool haul. I had been hearing really good things about Between The Lines which got me really excited. But then I read the plot and was not too thrilled. I usually like Jodi's books but this one doesn't sound all that interesting to me. I hope you like it though!

    My Showcase Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to read Between the Lines, it's waiting on my shelf! Great haul! :) Happy reading.

    My Stacking the Shelves

    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love all of these books! I've had The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer on my Nook for ages and really MUST read it soon. Hope you enjoy all of your lovelies :-)

    Thanks for stopping by BlookGirl earlier!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...