Friday, April 11, 2014

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

Here are my obsessions this week. Super short and sweet this week but pretty much everything else is eclipsed by the casting news!

BOOK

Beyond The Pale Motel by Francesca Lia Block



I stumbled across the cover for this and while I like it enough, it was this synopsis that made me quickly add it to my 'to be read' list
Maternal, sexy Catt and her beautiful, daring best friend Bree are hairdressers at an L.A. salon called Head Hunter, and work out at a gym called Body Farm. They have over a decade of sobriety behind them and are getting close to living the lives they've always wanted.

But when Catt's husband, Dash, leaves her, and then her neighbor is brutally murdered, possibly by a man being called the Hollywood Serial Killer, Catt's world begins to come crashing down. The murdered victims all seem to bear a chilling resemblance to Bree. Catt suspects that Bree is the next target of the Hollywood Serial Killer...is she losing touch with reality or simply coming to terms with the truth?

In this terrifying and intensely erotic novel, Francesca Lia Block explores the dangers of modern living, loving and dying with lyrical edge and sensational attitude.
You can add it to your Goodreads account and pine away like I am because its not released until September 16th.

OTHER

Ryan Kwanten cast in Stolen

As per Lucy Christopher's Facebook...



I am flailing over this news. I've wanted Ryan Kwanten to be cast as Ty since I read Stolen. He's going to be PERFECT. Stolen is still one of my all time favourite YA novels, and I was worried about it being made into a movie. The fact that Lucy is writing the screenplay and that they cast my perfect Ty makes me hope this will be a fantastic adaptation. I can't wait for more news about this movie, and for the eventual movie posters, trailer, etc.

*I also confirmed with Lucy via Twitter that Ryan is indeed Ty in the movie*

David's Tea Frequent Steeper Program

I have a slight obsession with tea, especially David's Tea. They have an amazing variety, and I love discovering a new favourite. They recently launched a frequent steeper program that allows you to accumulate points towards free tea. This is basically heaven for me. I have already signed up. Oh, and the May tea of the month? Chocolate Macaroon... as if I didn't want it to be May badly enough.

What are you obsessed with this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...