Friday, December 7, 2018

2019 Most Anticipated - The Beautiful



The next book in my 2019 Most Anticipated event is set in one of my favourites cities. I absolutely fell in love when I had the pleasure to visit and cannot wait to go back.


Yup, New Orleans!  Renee Ahdieh's The Beautiful combines a New Orleans setting, a murder mystery and VAMPIRES! Yup, vampires are (hopefully) coming back to young adult books and I could not be more excited for it to happen.


The Goodreads synopsis for this novel sets up our heroine Celine, probable vampire hottie Sèbastien, and a historical setting that is perfect for the story being told.
In 1872, New Orleans is a city ruled by the dead. But to seventeen-year-old Celine Rousseau, New Orleans provides her a refuge after she's forced to flee her life as a dressmaker in Paris. Taken in by the sisters of the Ursuline convent along with six other girls, Celine quickly becomes enamored with the vibrant city from the music to the food to the soirées and--especially--to the danger. She soon becomes embroiled in the city's glitzy underworld, known as La Cour des Lions, after catching the eye of the group's leader, the enigmatic Sèbastien Saint Germain. When the body of one of the girls from the convent is found in the lair of La Cour des Lions, Celine battles her attraction to him and suspicions about Sèbastien's guilt along with the shame of her own horrible secret.

When more bodies are discovered, each crime more gruesome than the last, Celine and New Orleans become gripped by the terror of a serial killer on the loose--one Celine is sure has set her in his sights . . . and who may even be the young man who has stolen her heart. As the murders continue to go unsolved, Celine takes matters into her own hands and soon uncovers something even more shocking: an age-old feud from the darkest creatures of the underworld reveals a truth about Celine she always suspected simmered just beneath the surface.

At once a sultry romance and a thrilling murder mystery, master storyteller Renée Ahdieh embarks on her most potent fantasy series yet: The Beautiful. And these vampires don’t sparkle. They slay.
This already sounds spooky, sexy, and is the book I am hoping will be at Book Expo America in 2019. It's got everything I love in a book premise so I am pretty much obsessed.

As part of offering up a variety of posts this year, I am going to share my personal top three reasons to be excited about this book!

1 Vampires!! I have been wanting paranormal to make a comeback and vampires are a particular fave of mine. They are sexy and these vampires sound vicious which is just a bonus. 

2 The New Orleans setting immediately drew me to this one. I fell in love with New Orleans when I visited and cannot wait to read a story set in this city. The vampires element only adds something extra to the setting because of the vibe New Orleans has. 

3 The murder mystery is another reason I cannot wait to get my hands on this one! I cannot wait to follow Celine as she gets further and further pulled into the sinister events happening in the city. I also love that this is a series and that not all the answers may not be giving in this first installment! 


The Beautiful releases October 8, 2019 and is currently not up for pre-order but be sure to keep an eye out for when it does come available from your favourite retailer and pre-order. If you're anything like me you'll be itching to get your hands on this one!


You can find out more about Renee by following her on Twitter, and by visiting her her website. You can also find out more about her books on the publisher website.

Do you miss the paranormal genre as much as I do? Are you excited to see it have a comeback? Let me know what you think in the comments.

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to for the next book on my 2019 most anticipated list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...