Saturday, December 29, 2018

Weekly Obsessions


The awesome Kelly at KellyVision started posting a weekly post highlighting whatever she happened to be obsessed with that week. I LOVE this idea, so much in fact that I will be doing it myself every Saturday.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! I have a few exciting things to share this week as we wait to say goodbye to 2018!

BOOKS

My Dark Vanessa by Kate Elizabeth Russell (goodreads)

The splashy book announcement for this one certainly got my attention. It not only is already creating a bunch of buzz BUT sounds incredible too.

Here are the details released so far

MY DARK VANESSA, pitched as a Lolita story for the #metoo era, a tale of the psychosexual manipulation of a 15-year-old girl by her middle-aged English teacher, told from her perspective and alternating between the present day and their years-long affair, pitched in the vein of THE GIRLS with the emotional intensity of ROOM,

Amazing right? It is not released until 'early 2020' but I am already obsessed.

MOVIE / TELEVISION

Us Trailer

Jordan Peele's Get Out was a huge moment in pop culture. Everyone was talking about it and it garnered a lot of critical praise. The expectations for his next movie are high to say the least.

If the first trailer is anything to go by I am pretty sure Jordan Peele has another hit on his hands.



There are a bunch of things at play in this trailer, but my immediate take away is, of course, that the 'intruders' are THEM. The theme of us being our own worst enemy has a lot of potential. The trailer is terrifying and I am excited to go see it opening weekend.

Us Movie Poster

Along with the terrifying trailer we also got a new movie poster. It is certainly eye catching.


We know from the trailer that the 'impostor' family is in red and has those scissors. I am even more scared to find out what the deal is with the scissors after seeing the trailer, but the poster is menacing enough.

What are you obsessed with this week? Let me know in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...