Tuesday, December 11, 2018

2019 Most Anticipated - You'd Be Mine



The next book in my 2019 Most Anticipated event is one that blends romance, country music, and a road trip of sorts. Erin Hahn's You'd Be Mine is pretty much made to catch my attention and so it only natural it would end up on this list.


A bad boy musician meets a girl with a lot of family baggage? Yes, please. I have a feeling I am going to love this one. 


The Goodreads synopsis for this novel will make you immediately want to go add it to your 'to be read' list! 
Annie Mathers is America’s sweetheart and heir to a country music legacy full of all the things her Gran warned her about. Superstar Clay Coolidge is most definitely going to end up one of those things.

But unfortunately for Clay, if he can’t convince Annie to join his summer tour, his music label is going to drop him. That’s what happens when your bad boy image turns into bad boy reality. Annie has been avoiding the spotlight after her parents’ tragic death, except on her skyrocketing YouTube channel. Clay’s label wants to land Annie, and Clay has to make it happen.

Swayed by Clay’s undeniable charm and good looks, Annie and her band agree to join the tour. From the start fans want them to be more than just tour mates, and Annie and Clay can’t help but wonder if the fans are right. But if there’s one part of fame Annie wants nothing to do with, it’s a high-profile relationship. She had a front row seat to her parents’ volatile marriage and isn’t interested in repeating history. If only she could convince her heart that Clay, with his painful past and head over heels inducing tenor, isn’t worth the risk.
This synopsis sounds like a great blend of plot and romance I am so looking forward to reading all about how Clay and Annie fall in love. I am also here for them going on tour together. This road trip-esque aspect of the story has me so excited.

Erin took the some time to reveal some details about her new book and made me want to re-watch Walk The Line in the process.

1 What gif do you feel represents You'd Be Mine? 

I love the gif of Johnny and June twirling and kissing in each other’s arms on stage from Walk the Line. It’s always felt close to Annie and Clay!


2 If someone were to make a signature cocktail in honour of your book, what might be included?

At one point, Annie and Clay do shots of tequila… complete with a shake of salt and lime slices to chase the taste away. It’s such a key scene for my two main characters that I’d have to emulate it, despite the fact that it’s not technically a cocktail!

3 Your book has a road trip in it. What do you think makes the perfect road trip? 

Music! Road trip playlists are ESSENTIAL. I like mine to have themes that match our destination.

4 Name a song you listed to for inspiration while writing this novel.

Gah. So many. I have multiple playlists that I used and I’ve even compiled the top tracks on to one list you can access via my website (www.erinphahn.com). But if I had to choose one song that really spoke to me for this story, I’d say “Burning House” by Cam.

5 If you could travel to anywhere, in any time period, when and where would you want travel? 

The American wild, Wild West! I am in love with the adventurous pioneer spirit. Obviously that time period was tumultuous but so is today, isn’t it?

6 What 2019 release are you most anticipating? 

So, so many. I feel like choosing just one would be a betrayal. I’d check out the #novel19s on twitter for a full list of what’s to come! I’m so proud to be a part of this debut class.

7 If not too spoilery, can you share the first line of You'd Be Mine? 

Of course! I’ll even share the first paragraph. It’s from Clay Coolidge’s POV.

"If I die, it's Trina Hamilton's fault. She's hard to miss; statuesque blonde with angry eyes and tiny nostrils wearing top-of-the-line Tony Lamas so she can kick my ass at a moment's notice. When the early morning sun finally burns through my irises and kills me dead, she's the one you want."


I love how simple her 'cocktail' of choice is. It seems to fit the book in a lot of ways. That opening paragraph already has me DYING to pick this up. It's a great opening.

You'd Be Mine releases April 2, 2019 but you can pre-order it right now from any retailer (or snag it with those holiday gift cards).

You can find out more about Erin by following her on Twitter, visiting her website,  and by visiting her publisher website.

Are you a fan of books set in the music world? What about books that have a road trip within them? Let me know in the comments!

Be sure to stop by tomorrow to for the next book on my 2019 most anticipated list. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments. Thank you for stopping by my blog and thank you even more for leaving me a comment.

I have decided to make this an awards free blog. I appreciate the gesture, and love that you thought of my blog, however I simply can't pass them along as required.

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...